Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: There are too many FF fanboys...

Thanks

They guy that started this thread probably sat back laughilng after he read all the posts because he knew it would strike nerves with many people you can tell by the outrageouseness of his only post vivi would so kick DK's Ass

Thanks

the only FF game that I have ever had experience with is FF7, which is quite an exceptional game. my favorite game ever? no, there are other games that I like more, (Zelda 64, Conker's BFD) but this doesn't change the fact that it is an awesome game. now I am interested in playing several other FF games to see how they compare. maybe I can get back to this discussion in a couple of months after I put some other games in the series under my belt.

Thanks

I can't see why someone can compare Final Fantasy to Pokemon but that is my opinion.

Final Fantasy is just a great serie and some people like it more then others....There is no Final Fantasy hype because the only place where you will hear much about it is here ( duhh it's a emu/game forum!) but when I was at school I couldn't talk to anyone about Final Fantasy because nobody knew about the game ( maybe 1 or 2 people but I never met them..) So it's not a hype like pokemon was( you can't even compare them )
    meh

Thanks

I'm a big FF fan, but I must say this. FFVII sucks ass. Seriously. So I'm playing through this damn game doing the no materia challenge and I'm all like... Yo, why didn't that fag Cloud use a damn Phoenix Down on Aeris? Or... Yo, WTF is up with *Insert thing here*. And shit. The damn game sucks. It is quite possibly one of the best games ever made, but the damn game and it's execution suck ass. Big ass that you suck. Really.

Thanks

Well you see in battle they are only wounded and fenix down cures them into fighting shape, rather than them being dead....[/trying to justify the stupidity of it]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Or, you could consider that it's a game, and that sort of thing doesn't have to make sence....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetaChicken101
    Or, you could consider that it's a game, and that sort of thing doesn't have to make sence....
    Shut up, you! It DOES indeed have to make sense!

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Phoenix Down are only useful if the character is knocked down, not killed dammit!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m79
    other new rpg's are often compared to the final fantasy games because it was FF that made RPG's huge. what RPG's are today are mainly due to FF.
    Nope, it was Dragon Quest that made RPGs huge... Ask everyone in Japan, yes...?

Was Gospel said was quite true... I cringe everytime someone voices FF <number here...>'s superiority without having even played the rest of the series... Especially the older games...

Oh, yeah! And: Fenix Down = Revive KO party members...

Thanks

i don't see why people talk trash about final fantasy... it's one of the best known RPG games... And about the "machines shooting u under water for no reason" i think you should replay the game and focus :\

-

you also said "Wouldnt you guys rather play something decent, with a plot that you can understand, with characters you can relate to, and a storyline that isnt too unbelievable?"

Well... thats the point to final "fantasy" the characters each have different backgrounds and have a role to the game. Final Fantasy might be a game but it has seriously changed my life in many ways.... i won't go there

I'm the bastard that created The Hang Out many years ago
    I like to remind people to feed my ego

Thanks

I agree, Donkey Kong owns Vivi. Everything else you said was moronic...

Thanks
    EP Points

hmm... FF hype. yeah. there are quite a few "fanboys & girls" out there. i love the series. of course, i love a LOT of different series. there are plenty of great RPGs out there. to be honest, i'm not much of a fan on the new FF games. 1-6 were great, but VII-XI are just ok (with the exception of FF Tatics, which a lot of fun) oh well. i guess there are quite a few fans of othere series out there. we have to tolerate our fellow gamers... i guess *yawn* oh well.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think the most important point that needs to be made here is that there are more fanboys out there then just the FF variety. For instance, we've got the Halo fanboys, whom bother me far more then the FF fanboys ever could...

Thanks

I think the most important point that needs to be made here is that there are more fanboys out there then just the FF variety. For instance, we've got the Halo fanboys, whom bother me far more then the FF fanboys ever could...
    Man, I soooo agree with that!

Anyway, people are always gonna talk about what they enjoy. So why get pissed about it? If someone says, "The Final Fantasy Series is the best video game series in existence!", isn't that their rite to think that? Just move along if you don't agree. It's the same for anything. I happen to think that Terry Brooks is one of the best Fantasy Author's of all time, including Piers Anthony. But a lot of people don't agree with me on that. Just let it go. No one is forcing you to pay homage to FF (except SquareEnix, maybe?). Just my 2 cents...
    Need something good....

Thanks

"Final Fantasy fanboys"? Labels are fuckin stupid aren't they...