Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: There are too many FF fanboys...

Thanks

Default There are too many FF fanboys...

Please, will someone explain to me what the deal is with the final fantasy games?

I know i'm not the only one that hates all this pro-FF-anti-everything-else hype, as seen on gamefaqs yesterday.

Please tell me how "Vivi" is a better character than "Donkey Kong".

I've never been able to get into an FF game. Except from FFX, which wasnt bad, but it wasnt particularly good either.

Wouldnt you guys rather play something decent, with a plot that you can understand, with characters you can relate to, and a storyline that isnt too unbelievable?

I know the whole point of gaming is to have fun and escape reality, but that is just taking it too far. Some massive monster called Sin killing everyone? Some underwater machine shooting at you for no apparent reason?
    Calling out monsters from nowhere?

You guys are basically playing an over-hyped version of pokemon.

It's annoying how all FF players seem to think that if anyone dislikes FF, they don't appreciate video games.
    Let me get this straight; i appreciate video games, but i don't see the need to go totally overboard about one series.

Who is with me?

Thanks

Just because the Final part of the title is a lie doesn't mean the Fantasy bit has to be too.

Thanks

I personally love Final Fantasy and anyone that doesnt like it, thats their choice. I have no problem with what people play. As long as they have fun, I guess? Dont get me wrong about the other amazing titles that nintendo has created. I have conquered Donkey Kong 64, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie and loads of other games on the N64. Super Smash Brothers Melee is pure fun too.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Final Fantasy is a great game series. Not at all the best ever though. Highly overrated sometimes even. And I agree, there are way too many FF fanboys. They make up the second largest population of GameFAQs.

Thanks

To quote a self rightous company

Quote Originally Posted by Square Enix

If it sells, and makes money, we will create and profit.
    If it will make money, a company will try and profit from it. FF just so happens to be a hit at the moment, and will probably continue to do so. Shining Force was much the same, but since Sega died, it kinda did as well...

Thanks
    EP Points

It is just a matter of opinion for everyone. I like some FF games. There are also other very popular games which I don't care for like Metroid.

Thanks
    EP Points

OMG im a FF groupie oh look there is one now OMG its number 9
    the FF games have a really good story to them thats why most people like them cos they are sort of like mini movies

Thanks

I personally like FF games very much and if you don't like it what does it matter it's just your opnion

Thanks

too many FF fanboys? bah humbug to that

not everyone loves FF, and it's not always superior to everything. But the games are quality, enjoyable, and worth over 40-50 hours of entertainment, alot of people first experiece RPGs through FF and thus have a bond with it and thus the fanboys and fangirls are formed.

There are plenty of exceptional RPGs besides FF, but FF does have the lead in the number of great games and the franchise is huge.
    So I make games now sort of. Check the out the one I have in the IGF this year, its totally free: www.mackvswindows.com

Also add me on things.
    twitter: solidusjoe
    Game networks on my profile.

Thanks

I disagree.

The only fanboys that suck are the FF7 fans.

The idiots that think 7 is the LEAT OF THE RPGS OMG, and haven't played any of the older games in the series.

The idiots who keep talking about Aeris.

Final Fantasy games have always been good, and probably will continue to be.

Thanks

FF7 was a great game, but certainly doesn't Top FF6.

and Aeris dying was a sad scene and thus that's why people talk about it as it was a very impacting moment in the FF Series
    So I make games now sort of. Check the out the one I have in the IGF this year, its totally free: www.mackvswindows.com

Also add me on things.
    twitter: solidusjoe
    Game networks on my profile.

Thanks

Indeed......FFVI is so much better.....CALL THEM ESPERS, DAMMIT!

There a lot of FF-Fanboys....but there's also a lot of people that "hate" Final Fantasy just to be different, and that's even more retarded......

As crusher said: The FF games are good, but far from the best (I do consider it to be the best series of games though) they are nothing compare to.....VALKYRIE FUCKING PROFILE.....which should be the name of the game......damn I'm tired.

I don't know you, you're not my friend.

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks

well robots are always wanting to kill humans... in many movies you see the same thing... otherwise tell me... who the hell want to be in mortal kombat??? they just kill each other for no reason? who would enter a duel to the death after another just to have someone saying "you win"??

Thanks

.....what the hell are you talking about?

I don't know you, you're not my friend.

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks

I'd do it to see a little guy appear from the side of the screen and sing "WHOOPEEEE".