Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Question and Answer Thread!

Thanks

Smile Question and Answer Thread!

Seeing how the Graphics forums is slowly dying, I decided to create this thread, where you ask any question regarding graphics. Ranging from: "how do yo make this effect?" to "which is the best program for 3D/2D?"

Ask away!

Thanks
    EP Points

okies then.....are there any tutorials for that 2d stuff people put in their artwork (eg lines shapes etc) ?

Thanks

Originally posted by torpedo009
    okies then.....are there any tutorials for that 2d stuff people put in their artwork (eg lines shapes etc) ?
    I didn't quite undersatnd your question, but I'm assuming you're talking about the lines/hexagons you see in most abstract artwork.

Most of those stuff can be easily done with the basic tools Photoshop has to offer, but you need patience and creativity. The lines can be done in two ways: Either by using the Line Tool, or the Pencil Tool, in both cases holding the Shift key to get perfect straight lines. I'd rather use the Pencil Tool since it's faster than the Line Tool

The hexagons or shapes can be done with the Polygon Tool (right click the Rectangle Tool to activate it). Specify how many sides you want your hexagon to have from the new toolbar that appeared under the menus. Also remember to hold down the Shift key to get a perfect hexagon

I hope that's what you meant to ask in the first place

Thanks

which would be the best graphics 2d tool out there,i'm using ms paint,but am planning on getting adobe photoshop.any better ones out there?

Currently listening to:
    Isis ~ Panopticon [9/10]
    The Walkmen ~ Bows & Arrows [8.5/10]
    The Shins ~ Oh, Inverted World
    Explosions In The Sky ~ How Strange, Innocence
    Caribou ~ The Milk of Human Kindness
    J�hann J�hannsson ~ Vir�ulegu Forsetar

Thanks

Originally posted by wordsworth
    which would be the best graphics 2d tool out there,i'm using ms paint,but am planning on getting adobe photoshop.any better ones out there?
    Go with Photoshop It has the richest features, and you won't have a hard time getting used to it
    Last edited by Megalith; 24th-August-2003 at 18:23.

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by Nightingale
    I didn't quite undersatnd your question, but I'm assuming you're talking about the lines/hexagons you see in most abstract artwork.

Most of those stuff can be easily done with the basic tools Photoshop has to offer, but you need patience and creativity. The lines can be done in two ways: Either by using the Line Tool, or the Pencil Tool, in both cases holding the Shift key to get perfect straight lines. I'd rather use the Pencil Tool since it's faster than the Line Tool

The hexagons or shapes can be done with the Polygon Tool (right click the Rectangle Tool to activate it). Specify how many sides you want your hexagon to have from the new toolbar that appeared under the menus. Also remember to hold down the Shift key to get a perfect hexagon

I hope that's what you meant to ask in the first place
    aye, thanks birdy boy

Thanks

Just curious, is there any easier way of getting rid of backgrounds besides using the Magic Wand and just the normal eraser?
    <center></center>

<center>Guilds- SSBM guild, GFX guild, Animation guild</center>
    <center>
    Originally posted by LitBolt
    It's WASNOTASOCK, not WSAENOTSOCK.
    </center>

Thanks

Okay I'm after a 3d moddler that uses constructive solid geometry (CSG) like UnrealEd uses. Free being best.

Thanks

Originally posted by alarel
    Just curious, is there any easier way of getting rid of backgrounds besides using the Magic Wand and just the normal eraser?
    You could use the magic eraser...

Thanks

Or on Photoshop you could use the lasso for places the wand cant get...
    I completed the internetz

Thanks

you could also use the extract tool. under tools i beleive. it never worked for me, but my comp was fux0red and is better nmow.....might try again. simply use the marker to trace a rough outline, then use the fill tool and click ok....

EDIT: the featur im talking bout is in photoshop.
    EDIT: i think its under image in 6.0 and its under filter in 7.0......doesnt seem to work great though.....
    Last edited by DudeCuda; 31st-August-2003 at 00:10.

Thanks

Q; where is the best place to get some decent brushes , or whatever?

Thanks

Originally posted by Georgyw5k
    Q; where is the best place to get some decent brushes , or whatever?
    Depends on what type of brushes you want
    DeviantArt has a wide variety of many different brushes. Or if you're looking mainly for grunge brushes, Nocturna.net has loads

Eddie Guest

Originally posted by Nightingale
    Used Cloud in his Kingdom Hearts attire If you want anyone other than him, tell me
    nice the sig... could I know how you make this really cool background lol I'm trying to make me a new desktop with cloud in it but that just him and... eh a nice white background like... I just wanna know how you make those cool textures and all

Edit: Hmm ok I guess this question should belong in "question and answers!" thread. Can anyone send it there?

Thanks

Originally posted by Eddie
    nice the sig... could I know how you make this really cool background lol I'm trying to make me a new desktop with cloud in it but that just him and... eh a nice white background like... I just wanna know how you make those cool textures and all

Edit: Hmm ok I guess this question should belong in "question and answers!" thread. Can anyone send it there?
    I try to take full advantage of Photoshop. Y'see, Photoshop isn't all about the filters. Alot under estimate the Tools on the left side (specifically, the Dodge/Burn/Smudge Tool and the Brush) and use filters instead. I make full use of those tools, and layer blending. With practice, you can get similar results