Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tips to loose weight, what are yours?

Thanks

Thumbs up Tips to loose weight, what are yours?

People should not go on deists but have a life style of eating. When you go on a diet that you most likely will not like and you may loose it but when you stop you gain the weight back and even more. The thing is that you have to change your life style. Don't kill your taste buds by getting use to junk food, since the healthy food like fruits off.

If you know of any say some. Some tips that are:
    1 Work out or be active at least 30 min a week.
    2 Do not eat after 8pm since. When you go to bed the protein gets stored as fat.
    3 Reduce junk food to 1 time a week, and quit the daily deserts after food or have a fruit.
    4 Cook and cut the fat out of meats.
    5 Reduce the foods that have calories and carbohydrates, like bread.
    6 Eat mostly at the same time every day.
    7 Increase your metabolism by eating a lot of healthy food. This will tell your body that you are eating a lot and it will burn the food more.
    8 more that I do not have but others can fill in.

Some other tips are you can drink low fat milk, “some” soy brands are good and some brands are not, you can bake a cake pancakes without the egg yoke and it will taste the same, and I heard it is the same with an omelet but I have not tried that.

Ziegfried Guest

Eat less than one bucket of chicken legs each day and you'll be fine. Seriously, how the hell do these 400-pound people do it?

Thanks

1. Walk more often, you don't need to drive two blocks. And do lite aerobics
    2. Eat reasonably. Theres a difference between starving yourself and not eating that 8th burrito.
    3. Respect yourself.

Thanks

Aerobics on the playstation or what I should call it. the dancing game thingy. Im not trying to loose weight, but I tried the dancing thing and DAMN...thats shit is cool, and you get a good work out
    _______________________________ ____________________

Thanks

become bulemic
    So I make games now sort of. Check the out the one I have in the IGF this year, its totally free: www.mackvswindows.com

Also add me on things.
    twitter: solidusjoe
    Game networks on my profile.

Thanks
    EP Points

Go to band camp. I am serious. We have it 9 hours a day. One girl who marches bass drum lost 15 pounds in one week.

Any kind of sport or outside activity will help.

Thanks

Honestly people, if your embarassed to walk around the block, then do exercises in the house. If your noticing that your gaining weight than tone down on the food. Dance Dance Revolution, like Sir Nastercoff said up above, is a GREAT way to lose weight, even if you do it just once! Have fun exercising, and don't push yourself. Losing weight shouldn't be a hassle or painful thing to do. Take your time, you got plenty of it(especially if you play video games/computer a lot)

Thanks

Here's something that will seriously work:
    -Loads of exercise, both power training(wheights) and cardiovascular(running, soccer, basketball, etc.).
    -Walk at least 1.5 hours a day at a challenging pace(up hill is a plus).
    -Get off your lazy ass.
    -NO fats at all(no cooking with oil as well).
    -No junk food at all.
    -ONLY 2 daily meals: Eat a large breakfast(fibrous cereal with milk and fruit, such as bananas, any kind of berry, or anything fruit you like) and a large meal at 5 or 6 PM(any time before 7 PM is best, but nothing before 4 PM). Some fruit or salad is okay if you can't hold it in school or work.
    -Drink one large glass(big-ass) of water every 1.5 hours.
    -No high carbohydrate meals(ie: pasta, bread, bread-related foods).
    -Eat only fruit, vegetables, poultry(chicken), seafood, and eggs(very rarely).

If you keep it extremely strict, you'll whip your ass into shape in no time. Staying strict is hard at first but after 2 weeks of following your own rules you'll notice that it's easy to avoid snacks and other un-needed shite.
    If you don't have time to exercise(everyone does, but no one really wants to after they get home from school/work) then it's okay if you follow the diet I mentioned above. You should however to not end up looking like a twig when you lose enough wheight(going to a gym is the best way to go if you want to look great apart from losing wheight, but it's not necessary). Just make sure you stay active on weekends and holidays(like running, sports, or long walks).

Oh yeah, if you want to experiment on your metabolism try the Atkins diet, I've read quite a lot about it. Basically, you eat only fat foods(no carbohydrates at all, that is: no bread/pasta, vegetables, fruit, sweets, candy, etc.).

The point is to starve your body from carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are the main food source for your body cells, but fats can yield much more energy if they are metabolized(broken down to release energy). So if your body has little carbs available, it breaks down the next best thing: protein and fat. You get your body to break down only fats, thus eventually your cells will eat away at the fat in your body. But they'll be using protein as an energy source too. Which is why you need to eat plenty of meat too. I've heard it works better if you strength train with wheights while having this diet.

You should never follow this diet for more than 2 weeks, because it can seriously fuck up your kidneys and/or liver. Be sure to talk to your doctor to see if you can take this diet safely(he/she should get a blood check to see if you're okay). You have to drink assloads of water too, because all that fat/protein will become amino acids once they are digested(and excess amino acids are modified into urea, what you excrete through urine thanks to the kidneys which filter it out). If there's too much a.a. in the bloodstream it can damage your kidneys' glomerous(glomeri in plural?) which is like a filter. So you'll be pissing like hell if you drink enough, but at least you won't get diseased.
    One drawback: if you suffer from acne don't even think of trying this diet unless you want to turn into a human sized pimple.
    Last edited by Soeru; 14th-August-2004 at 00:37.

Thanks

I merely exist. I heard working out can do wonders for you, but I'm trying to GAIN weight right now. Lift weights. Not only is it fun, but it turns fat into muscle. That's what I do. You really don't lose weight, you actually gain weight, but it becomes muscle and it doesna't count. Look at Kingpin from SpiderMan. That dude is all muscle.

Thanks

No fats at all is ludicrous.

At the start of the year I weighed 113 kg, I now way 87kg. Ofcourse I'm still losing weight, that's just my progress.

Think about what you eat most regularly and substitute it for some healthier. For example, I used to eat a lot of KFC and drink a lot of Coke. I started eating Subway and drinking Diet Coke (Diet Coke with Lime is just awesome). There is nothing wrong with eating hi-carb foods if you exercise afterwards. Go walking if you're too embarassed to run.

And anyway if your wondering whether it's worth it, it's definitely worth it for the compliments alone...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by Sir Nastercoff
    Aerobics on the playstation or what I should call it. the dancing game thingy. Im not trying to loose weight, but I tried the dancing thing and DAMN...thats shit is cool, and you get a good work out
    Dance Dance Revolution. I still play to this day, and it's definately a great work out.

Thanks

LOOSE WEIGHT AND RIDE THE ELEVATORS

Thanks

I'm only 15 but, I lost about 50 pounds back in 8th grade because I was sick of being a tubby dork. Here are my tips.

1. Try to eat at the same time everyday.
    2. I played Video games for hours. (Keep food away though) Sounds dumb right? Well, it stopped me from snacking all the time. Just do something to keep you away from food even if it isn't exercise.
    3. Think of some motivation. I didn't want to be an obese loser with no life. Especially since I'm just a kid. (That was mine)
    4. Try to slowly change your eating habits. You will never lose weight and keep it off unless you change the way you eat.
    5. Find healthier things to eat and convince yourself that it's better than candy and junk foods. I ate cereal a lot.
    6. The biggest thing I did was change the way I drank. I drank nothing but Diet coke and other diet sodas, Crystal Light, and water the entire time. Think about how many calories you take in from drinks. I used to consume over 1000 calories a day from drinks and now I consume anywhere from 0-100. (Excluding things like cereal.)
    7. Try to get a regular sleeping time everyday.
    8. Also, don't think that something like pizza is going to make you fat. Just eat like 2 slices and make sure you don't eat any other high fat/calorie things that day. Usually when you eat pizza, that's all you eat. Try to substitute all those extra slices with something healthier.
    EDIT: 9. DON'T BUY KRISPY CREME DONUTS. Those damn things are hard to resist. My mom kept buying those things. I'd go downstairs and she would tell me she bought some so, I ran back upstairs. Too addictive.

Also, on any diet, your nutrition may be lacking somewhere. I didn't get much Vitamin C so, I took vitamin pills. That's basically what I did.
    Last edited by Hiei69; 14th-August-2004 at 01:25.
    My PSX isos: Brave Fencer Musashi, Breath of Fire 3, Breath of Fire 4, Castlevania SOTN, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Origins, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy Tactics, Gundam Battle Assault (rip), Harvest Moon Back to Nature

Thanks

I'm fat and I'm god damn proud, it gives me edge in fights I encounter because putting my weight into it means something and I will not give it away to excersize, fuck that.
    So I make games now sort of. Check the out the one I have in the IGF this year, its totally free: www.mackvswindows.com

Also add me on things.
    twitter: solidusjoe
    Game networks on my profile.

Ziegfried Guest

Uh. How many fights do you have? Are they worth the health problems? Obesity is bad, period.