Thread: Diffrent rom versions?

Thanks

Default Diffrent rom versions?

Whats the diffrence? I was just wondering what are the diffrences when you download a rom and one is (v1.0) and another is (v1.1). Is there a way to find out whats diffrent?

I'm mainly talking about SuperMarioWorld 2: Yoshi's Island. That has two versions, and I was wondering whats the difference?

(I'd really like to know the difference between the two versions with yoshi's island, but i'd also be nice to know why they even do it.)

This isn't a very important question, but it is bugging me. Answer if you've got an idea or know.

Thank you.

Thanks
    EP Points

I dont' know what the exact difference is. It is just that sometimes they may find a small bug or something in the game. They will then fix it and start releasing this fixed game. Usually most ppl can't tell the difference. v1.1 should be better.

Thanks
    EP Points

What Knowitman said is right i think, but then again, it could be that one of them is the original release and the other is the greatest hits dump, and another is a second make of the greatest hits dump... but i do think that Knowitman i correct in that they are bug fixes. Zs long as it has [!] it should not matter much because that means it was a good dump.
    Last edited by GundamGuy; 2nd-August-2004 at 15:48.

Thanks

Later versions are usually bugfixes, or to prevent Game Genie codes.