Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Have Roms, and 56k? Don't Match

Thanks

Default I Have Roms, and 56k? Don't Match

Hey guys, what's up?

Well, I want to upload my roms for download, and I'm on a 56k, heck, I wouldn't be asking this question if I'm not, I would put up my own FTP, and let people download off it. I was thinking of uploading to web hosts, a little tricky though, because upload speed, is download speed on this pathetic 56k. *sigh* Is there, possibly, an easier way? Maybe not, but worth a shot to ask. Thank you!

Thanks

You're pretty much screwed with 56k. I have had it the majority of my time online. I couldnt do jack crap. I went to my grandmas (they have 56k) and uploaded something to EP. It corrupted it. So I dont know what to tell ya. :\

Thanks

Hmm i had 28.8k MAX! and i definetly couldnt do jack.. 3 hours for a puney little download

Thanks

I remember that. You came over to my house with my 56k, "WOA, THIS IS LIEK SOO FAST!"

Thanks

lol.

but..... grrrrrrrrrrroar! I'm stumped?!?!?!?! damn it!
    thanks for the answers Winged and Vivi.

Thanks

Originally posted by Winged 2.0
    I remember that. You came over to my house with my 56k, "WOA, THIS IS LIEK SOO FAST!"
    Yes yes indeed back with the "Ultimate Game library"

Dont ask its a inside joke

Currently Believed to be in the Grand Bahamas
    Thanks

if you are really intent on uploading, find a good host, then leave the uploads on all night, make sure to split them into multi parts, tho, just in case you get disconnected

<font style="filter:glow(color=#ff0000, strength=3);height=1px">
    If the enemy is in sight, so are you.</font>

Thanks

Get broadband for like $35 a month, steal a textbook from your local school and sell it on ebay to cover the cost.

Thanks

haha then he would have to pay in the long run!

Thanks

In some places you can't get high-speed very cheap. The only provider here is Comcast for $52 a month. Despite that we may yet go back to them, as our 56k is total hell.

What speeds do you get on 56k anyway? I always think mine is especially slow. 3 k/s is pretty good for it.

Thanks

I get 256 k for 28 bucks a month!

Thanks

Vivi, stop it with those over-the-hundread-k's speed, as I said, mine is 56...

Grim Reaper, thanks for the idea, although no one likes school textbooks, but thanks.

Well, downloading and upload is an average of 3kb, or 4kb per second. I got so used to it, but now, I'm just thinking, it's it's horrible. Well, it's 56k, but it's usually 45.2k...

Well, now it's, 1, I either just upload NES ROMs, which I don't have, but start a collection of it, or 2, need a friends help on uploading them for me. But thanks for the few suggustions guys.

Dhav211 2.0 Guest

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
    Get broadband for like $35 a month, steal a textbook from your local school and sell it on ebay to cover the cost.
    Damn thats a great idea.

Thanks

Goto a friends house who has the fast connection and ask to use it. They should help out

<a href="http://www.dohgames.com">Doh Games</a>- All the games, without the confusion.<br>
    <ul><li>Tons of Roms</li>
    <li>NO BS, NO advertisements, NO forced votes!</li>

Thanks

I pity you lol. Luckily Ive never experienced dialup other than on my dreamcast. I had ISDN when I was younger and Ive had cable for 5 or so years now.

I dunno why people always knock comcast. Ive had them for quite some time and they rock. I had a 3.5 x 768 connection plus extended digital cable for $99/month. You can't beat that. I own T1s I guess it really depends on where you live, but I think all I have is old reitred people on my node. And they just play golf all day. Ive pulled 2mb/sec down before off Bit Torrent. So yeah.

As for your 56k issue you can do what I did. If they dont offer broadband in your area you can try to apply of ISDN. In my case I live in Tennessee where ISDN is a lifeline service (because it repaces your phone line with an all digital one) and if you have the money to pay for it, they must build it. I am not sure how/if this applies in other states. Anyway with dual channel ISDN you will get 128kbps up and down. Pretty crappy if you are used to good broadband but its a hell of a lot better than 56k. Its also all digital so you wont get nearly as many errors . Its also like a t1 in that if it ever goes down below 64kbps (basically if you lose a channel) for any reason other than your own doing they will come out and fix it 24/7 because as I said, it is a lifeline service You can also talk on the phone while you are online (though that will take up a channel and drop you to 64k). Its kinda pricy but if you really wanna ditch the 56k and you want something reliable its your ticket. Once again, not sure how this applies to states other than TN so you might wanna check but its worth a look.

On another side note, I used to work for BellSouth FastAccess (they suck compaired to Comcast BTW. Even when I worked there I didn't switch 1.5x256 for $50/month is waaay slower than I was used to. Though I hear they recently brought out a 2xsomething plan) and if someone did this and we had to build ISDN services into an area we usually went ahead and dropped in DSL. Sometimes even IFITL. So you never know... maybe you will get broadband out of the deal...