Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How did you get into emulation?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default How did you get into emulation?

I'd be stupid to think that this kind of thread hasn't been posted before, but I've never seen it, so.....

How did you get into emulation? Myself, it was about 5-6 years ago. I was in the lunch line in school (9th grade, I graduated 2 years ago) and I was talking with a couple of friends about Final Fantasy 2 and 3. I mentioned that I'd love to play them, but they never came out here. That's when one of my friends mentioned RomFinder.com. So I went there and found Final Fantasy 2 & 3. And from then on I just kept getting more and more roms. Then I fell out of the scene for awhile after I moved out onto my own (all my roms were on the family computer), then just early this year got back into it. And lo and behold, my collection is bigger than I'd ever imagined.

Well, there's my story. What's yours?

Ziegfried Guest

I vaguely remember something about some SNES game... Perhaps an RPG... Super Mario RPG is back there somewhere... No idea, really. ZSNES was surely the first emulator I got, though.

Thanks

I remember my older brother talking about this cool thing called SNES9x. This was prolly 4-5 years ago. He was playing super metroid and final fantasy 3 on his computer (both games we owned). Then I later learned about the translations of some games, and just waited for DQ5 and 6. Worth the wait.

Thanks

Well, I figured it all out on my own. I was looking for a pokemon game for the GB. ( ) and stumbled on a Pokemon Red rom. I was so happy to get it but when I unzipped it, I was very dissapointed to see that its extention was .gb. Just like that I did a google search about the gb file extention. I was lead to a page, describing emulation. (Might of even been EP) and I just took off from there. No breaks, nothing. Thats why I'm burning all my PSX isos to cds. I've used up my 160gb and 80gb hdds.

Thanks

Well, when I was small I played at my cousins on their computer. They had Pokemon read and no$gb and I was amazed that they had it on thewir computer. One day, I decided to search emulation on google. I came across Lucullus's site after a few hundred other ones. I saw the emuparadise.org at the bottom and walla! I discovered the wondrs of emulation.

Thanks

I was playing my old NES about 3 or 4 years ago and it broke so i got pissed off and broke it some more....then cried. I got on the internet to find a new one but in some way i ended up on some emulation site and just downloaded all the nes i dreamed of having. Then i just went from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks

I wanted to try the older FF-games, so I asked on IRC... a guy sent me a NES-emu and FFI-III.

Thanks
    EP Points

I got into the Emu scene about 5 yrs ago, when my bro showed me all the console roms he had. And from there on i started my never-ending collection of Roms.

Currently Believed to be in the Grand Bahamas
    Thanks

Originally posted by Winged 2.0
    Well, I figured it all out on my own. I was looking for a pokemon game for the GB. ( ) and stumbled on a Pokemon Red rom. I was so happy to get it but when I unzipped it, I was very dissapointed to see that its extention was .gb. Just like that I did a google search about the gb file extention. I was lead to a page, describing emulation. (Might of even been EP) and I just took off from there. No breaks, nothing. Thats why I'm burning all my PSX isos to cds. I've used up my 160gb and 80gb hdds.
    sounds like my story...i was wanting to play pokemon, but i didnt have a GB, and my friend said something about him hearing about people playing console games on computer. I told him he was crazy, but googled it anyway, and here i am. (tho i dont have the 240GB of roms/isos winged has...)

<font style="filter:glow(color=#ff0000, strength=3);height=1px">
    If the enemy is in sight, so are you.</font>

Thanks

i was a wee 7 year old child when my friend showed me pokemon yellow on comp, and then i got hooked...it took me 2 years to find a place called emulation home...otherwise knows as EP... but atfer IDSA attacked i tot of ditching EPP and search for another site..but i couldn't..i was attached.. lol ... now i'm not into emulation as much... i just liek to talk to ppl here...flame and be flamed...and i'm happy making animations for ep..
    Day After Yesterday

Thanks

Here's how it went.
    Went looking for codes to beat Emerald Weapon...
    Found a site talking about PSX ROMS...
    Went looking for some, found a site called Emurator.com...
    Got like 45 SNES Roms...
    Found a site called Emuparadise.org...

That is how I got into emulation as well as ended up here. This was all back in like 2001-2002. Yeah I think it was like the early months of 2002.

Thanks

Back in '98 maybe? I really can't remember what was the first thing I ever ran on an emulator(nor which emulator for that matter), but it sure impressed me beyond belief. Not long after that, I got myself MASSAGE(a GG emulator) and loads of GG games, later on I got myself the ever-awesome Genecyst(Genesis/Mega Drive emulator) with all the games I enjoyed years before+loads more I never got to try.

Thanks

I think I found EP in 1999 or something, before it got it's latest skin, before the attack it got from some feds.... Bastards, anyway, I was googling for roms and information about them, I can't quite remember. But i'm happy that I found it now, but i'm slightly less into emulation.
    You are the weenie.

Thanks
    EP Points

I was at church and some friends were talking about playing the pokemon games on their computers. They showed me some sites and the rest is history. EP is my first emu community and the only one I like to stay active at.

Thanks

Well for me, I was the person who tell everyone in my town and school that there is a way to play Game Boy and SNES and Sega Genesis on your PC, then when they search for the ROM (I tell them to) they found the roms, and download them, then they know that I'm wasn't joking around at all. Well I got into emulation by mistake, me and my brother were looking for some games for free and we find Pokemon red and blue and Pokemon Pinball, then we try out a emulator for the Game Boy, and it started from there, after game boy, SNES and Genesis for few years, then went to playstation, TG-16, and today, arcade games, and Sega CD.
    Helping people with emulation problems.