Thread: DVD Drive Region Issues

Thanks

Default DVD Drive Region Issues

My DVD drive just went "Yeah, I just decided from now on you can play Region 4. Nothing else". Apparently after so many changes it locks on a region. Any way I can rectify this and play all regions again?...

Thanks

I don't think so. On my DVD-ROM player, it says once you change the settings 3 (or 4 not sure) times you can't change it again. Even if you put it in another computer or reinstall windows.

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay, when I open dvd smart ripper, it says it unlocks my drive. Now I can't be sure it WILL do so on your drive and I also don't know if its region locking it refers to XD

but its worth a try, ne?

<a href="http://www.afterdawn.com/general/disclaimers/decss_disclaimer.cfm">dvd smart ripper</a>
    remember to have a DVD video disk in the drive or the program doesnt even start.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks
    EP Points

In some places you can find firmwares for you drive that will allow you to do stuff like unlock regions and stuff.

Thanks

Its all in the firmware, you're only allowed to change the region about 5 times. After that, i don't think you can change it again. Try getting new firmware, i can't think of where from though...

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks

you can also use a dvd player program that bypasses the standard system and drive firmware and does raw reads and brute-force decodes. vlc ( http://www.videolan.org/ ) is my fave for that purpose.