Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could you write down your every thought?

Thanks

Default Could you write down your every thought?

This man did. Insanity? Possibly - and the irony of it is that in contemplating what this man has done it inevitably set me off on a chain of thought of my own (although not entirely dissimilar to his - trying to understand the structure of thought being a particular gem). Regardless, whilst his feat is admirable, if not slightly deranged, I find it one that must surely be impossible - to write down one's every thought. Either that or I think a damn sight too much.

Anyway, its just something that caught my eye as quite interesting. Comments are most welcome but not obligatory. I thank you and good day.
    Touch my twat.

Thanks
    EP Points

I couldnt' do that. I am thinking lie 20 different thoughts right now. Mostly about how stupid that guy is.

Thanks

Wouldn't most of the thoughts be "gotta write this down"? It seems kinda retarded that someone would waste 3 months on writing down completely worthless things...

Ziegfried Guest

I've actually conducted an experiment a little like this one...
    The idea was that when chatting with someone, I'd type out what ever thoughts I had relevant to the situation in brackets, like "hello to you, too (she seems cheerful today...)" for example. This was a great system while it lasted, but people eventually had enough of it and made me stop. I do toy with the idea of doing it again every now and then, though.

On a similar note, I also had another fun way of talking a while ago, both on- and offline. When, for example, someone said "hello, how are you?" to me, I would reply with "I returned X's greeting and told him I wasn't doing anything special"... Damn, I loved that. Other people sure didn't, though, so this thing died in pretty much the same way. Oh well.

Thanks

Its probably a lack of understanding on the part of those concerned. For my mind, it seems like a superb idea. Especially the second example. Reminds me, in my own little way, of those games I used to play on the c64, the ones where you would type 'TALK TO' and 'MOVE TO', and et cetera. I had so much fun with those games. No, really. I liked the way I couldnt get out of the first room or whatnot, due to the programmer being slightly retarded, and the subsequent insults I would hurl at the program, knowing I could get away with it because it had all the intelligence of a wooden spoon. Good times.
    Touch my twat.

Ziegfried Guest

I replied to what Clive said by telling him I had decided to pick that one thing up once more, and that I understood why he was reminded of those games. Right before I hit the "submit reply" button, I thought about how hard it would be to keep up my good grammar while talking like that...

Thanks

Iri looked at S and thought, He's crazy. <3

Ziegfried Guest

I greeted Iri, congratulated her on her newly approved account, and proceeded to disagree with her statement.

Thanks

Iri jumped on S and bit him. Onoes.

Ziegfried Guest

I noted that the conversation we were having could indeed have been extremely frustrating for anyone else to read, had it been longer and more in-depth.

Thanks

Iri noted that she rarely had the mental capacity for an in-depth discussion. She bounced off the walls a few times, occasionally a ceiling, and disappeared. <3

Ziegfried Guest

Ok, I'm done talking like that. God, how annoying. I'll see if I might start doing the other thing eventually...

Thanks

It is an interesting Idea, but you could never possibly write down all of your thoughts.

It would be cool to go back and read like a few years ago what you were thinking.

Thanks
    EP Points

Damn that note system sounds hard to mainain. I really am not organised enough to do that.

Although each time I start a harddrive or partition from fresh, it usually has a little bit more order to it than my last (and then it falls back into disarray over time).

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks
    EP Points

I vouldn't write down every of my thoughts. I hope anyone here can't because you shall have no imagination, creativty, intelligence to think at only 1 thing at a time.

Or maybe your really concentrated.

Sometimes I like to think about something you never have to think about, like breathing. Let's say you have a dog. Go aside. You hear him breathing and because of the normal human conformism your breathing tempo tend to get the same as your dog tempo. Now, try to fight it while still hearing your dog breathing. (Dog breaths naturally faster than humans). There's chances under 25 seconds you'll get back to his tempo and somehow choke (Not letting time for oxygen to travel).

Another experiment. Walk with someone. Give attention to their footsteps and their sound. In not time youl be walking at the same pace.

Even while doing one or the other experiment wich only involve one thing (breathing or walking), i'm unable to only think about it.

I don't think you can write every of your thoughts. I read a little part of the book the guy wrote, and you can clearly see he's not writting EVERY thought. He probably missed some while attempting to write others.