Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Farenheit 9/11

Thanks

Default Farenheit 9/11

Take THAT Bush administration!

... Anyone see it?
    Ya uh.. pikachu slapping another pikachu.. how bout' that?

Nowhere near what my IP says. Which is weird, yes?
    Thanks

That movie is not journalism. It is opinion. So take it with a grain of salt, instead of using it as a source for facts.
    The leader is never the idiot, rather the people who follow....

Thanks
    EP Points

Not yet but mick has some good points like the time he did sniper school

Thanks

I'd say it was a decent MOVIE. Though, it's hard to take it seriously when in the end it doesn't add up like it should. Kind of shoddy. I have no affinity for the Bush administration, so I am not being biased. In case, some may be thinking that

Thanks

Originally posted by mushindo
    That movie is not journalism. It is opinion. So take it with a grain of salt, instead of using it as a source for facts.
    I couldn't find a single fact in that film that lacked credibility, tell me, which ones would you say are untrue?

Thanks

Sure, there are some facts, many in fact. However, a lot of those facts are put out of context in an attempt to sway to viewers towards his opinion. Instead of listing everything, do some research yourself. You'll be interested in what you find out.

Thanks

I'm interested in what he found out, and what facts he presented me. Come on, I asked you a question. Which facts are untrue?

Thanks

I want to see it, but I don't knwo if it came out in CT. I feel it would be an interesting watch. I'll find it somehow. Even if I have to go to New York to see it. Wait, that seems to be a little extreme. I'll just wait for it I guess.

Thanks

Originally posted by Akerie
    I'm interested in what he found out, and what facts he presented me. Come on, I asked you a question. Which facts are untrue?
    Like I said, I have no intentions on laying out all the problems with that film. I mean, the way you are coming off is that you believe every aspect of that film. Which in turn, makes you an idiot. That is of course, you believe everything in that film. Why believe everything one guy has to say even though it is evident that he is so biased? I did a quick search to see if others agreed with my opinions on the film and plenty did and plenty bush haters didn't. So here is one site, that I do not vouch for, but it should at least give you an idea of things.
    http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/

Thanks

Originally posted by mushindo
    Like I said, I have no intentions on laying out all the problems with that film. I mean, the way you are coming off is that you believe every aspect of that film. Which in turn, makes you an idiot. That is of course, you believe everything in that film. Why believe everything one guy has to say even though it is evident that he is so biased? I did a quick search to see if others agreed with my opinions on the film and plenty did and plenty bush haters didn't. So here is one site, that I do not vouch for, but it should at least give you an idea of things.
    http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/
    Whao, calm down there. All I asked is if you knew any of the facts on the film to be untrue. Anyway, in response to that article, of course he presents his information in a way to persuade people toward his arguements. As would anyone, and that's how people should. o.O I remember in school when I wrote speaches, that's how they taught us to do it. Also, I didn't say a damn thing about taking everything I saw in this film for face value. All I did is ask if anyone saw it, and then asked you if there were any facts you deemed untrue. And then you went and assumed, and called me an idiot.

Thanks

Read my posts again I never called you an idiot. I said you were an idiot if you believed the entire movie, which from all your posts, you seemed to have. I did not say, you were. Again, read properly. I am calm btw, you seem to be the one who isn't

Thanks

Yah, I'm calm. I still don't see why I came off like I believed everything in the film. Like I metioned before. All I did was ask if anyone saw it, then asked you if you deemed any of the facts untrue, and then added because I was interested. Anyway, I grow weary. Cya.

Thanks

I haven't seen it, and I doubt I will.

Thanks

Originally posted by Akerie
    Take THAT Bush administration!

I couldn't find a single fact in that film that lacked credibility, tell me, which ones would you say are untrue?

Whao, calm down there. All I asked is if you knew any of the facts on the film to be untrue. Anyway, in response to that article, of course he presents his information in a way to persuade people toward his arguements. As would anyone, and that's how people should. o.O I remember in school when I wrote speaches, that's how they taught us to do it. Also, I didn't say a damn thing about taking everything I saw in this film for face value. All I did is ask if anyone saw it, and then asked you if there were any facts you deemed untrue. And then you went and assumed, and called me an idiot.
    First line: Shows that you may have complete biased towards the administration.

Second line: You say yourself that everything in there is true.

Third line: Again coming off as the movie is absolute. Plus being a little pushy seems to show that you are confident that you are right

Fourth line: Reaching at unrelated things to make the movie seem more credible.

So, I think you can see where you may come off as being biased and believing the entire movie with no doubt.
    I never ascertained that you DID believe. I just said that you may have. It is my way to find out your position on the topic, rather than asking, "did you believe everything in the movie?" Also, by asking if anyone has seen it you are pretty much asking for their opinions on it as well.

This is all in friendly, good fun btw As I said, I have no affinity towards Bush.
    Last edited by mushindo; 30th-June-2004 at 05:54.

Thanks

I'll probably watch it once it hits the less legitimate forms of mass communication, since Mr. Moore endorses that kind of thing.
    -Mason Gray: Less vowels, same great consonant taste.