Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disk Reading Errors On GTA: Vice City

Thanks

Default Disk Reading Errors On GTA: Vice City

Hey guys! Well, I seem to have my PS2 back, but the disk reading errors still come up, usually on missions, and sometimes out of nowhere, unexpectedly. I also heard that a lot of people of their problems with VC also. I heard about Disk cleaning, and the tape thing, where you get 2 pieces of tape and tape it on the disk. What's the best way to get rid of it, if there is. Thanks a lot, I wanna play it bad!

Uncle Evil Guest

this is one reason why i wont replace my ps2 and am sticking to my xbox with good reliable drives but anyway i would try both the cleaning and the tape just make sure they are completely paralell also it wouldnt hurt to try a scratch repair kit

Thanks

Yes, I've done the cleaning myself. (not commercially bought) I've done the tape thing, but I put 4 tapes, all covered up on each side. Not ok? I'll try only 2 this time.

Thanks

did you clean the ps2 laser with peroxide ?

<!--- --!>

1+1 = 2. Just to help you count next time you're thinking about adding another sig image. (Read the rules.)

Thanks

My VC used to do the same thing after I put in the Rhino tank code. As soon as I'm in the Vigilante mode, after my 15th villian, it locks up and dies. My sister's copy can go on forever and ever without a hitch but mine sucks. Oh and my PS2 is newer than hers, so I know it's not that.

Thanks

I sent my PS2 to Sony and they changed the lazer for free, so I suppose the lazer isn't the problem. I had the same problem before I got it fixed too. Damn it, it's only Vice City.... *sigh* I used the tape method and no luck yet, I'm trying different ways though. Anyone heard of the toothpaste method? Haven't try that yet. Don't know if it works.

im nowhere, but at the same time im everywhere. I am but an enigma in this world
    Thanks

if i were you i wouldnt do that. there are lots of methods some are harmful for your game. and dont spray any kind of glass cleaner on it either. my cousin did that on his tony hawk game and it doesnt work anymore.

Thanx a lot to DSerge for this sig.

Thanks

oh no, I use alcohol on it, and I hope that's safe.

Thanks

I think alcohol is pretty safe. I've been known to do that every now and then.

Thanks
    EP Points

Mine did this, so I just bought that GTA Double Pack. Now it works.

Thanks

do NOT use nail polish remover !! omg that wrecks games so badly

<!--- --!>

1+1 = 2. Just to help you count next time you're thinking about adding another sig image. (Read the rules.)

Thanks

Haha, ok, thanks
    Well, I just got PS2 fixed, as stated, so... I don't think my lens are dirty. I mean, I just got that fixed my Sony, do I still need to clean the lens just to try?

Thanks

nah it should be literally perfect when you get it back from sony, most definatly its the game, it could be just worn out from too much reading , or try flipping your system sideways/upside-down and see if that helps , this way the laser is supposedly stronger. Why not just buy the game again switch disks and return it

<!--- --!>

Thanks

*sigh* yes, I've thought of that, but could you return a game that's not opened yet? I know if you open it, you can't return it. I was thinking of opening it using stealth style, unnoticable tears of the wrapper, and switch the disk. Really Hard though.

Thanks

Like buy the game again at like zeller/k mart/walmart and go to a private owned game store ask them to shrink wrap the one you just bought and switched disks with, offer the guy like 5/10 bux and he should do it. Then return it to one of those mass merchandise stores.

<!--- --!>