Thread: SWG, is it worth the $$$?

Thanks

Default SWG, is it worth the $$$?

I just downloaded a free trial for 14 days of Star Wars galaxies from fileplanet. So far it isnt bad but I've heard some negative things about it. I want to maybe buy it but is the game worth the $$$ every month to keep playing it?

Nowhere near what my IP says. Which is weird, yes?
    Thanks

Well, i've heard it sucked when it first came out, but a lot of improvements have been made and an expansion pack will be released soon that'll allow you to fly in space. I haven't played it myself but from what I read it depends on the person playing it on whether they'll enjoy it
    The leader is never the idiot, rather the people who follow....

Thanks

Whoa whoa whoa. I demand a change of name on your part. And Yes, SWG is worth it.

Thanks

Ah, so I finally meet my "twin". Strange how we both used kenshin for our signatures...
    Please be specific, like what makes it worth playing? Saying "SWG is worth it" isn't going to convince me to pay 13 something dollars a month for it.

Nowhere near what my IP says. Which is weird, yes?
    Thanks

Personally, i would rather play FFXI :\ you get a free month as well.
    The leader is never the idiot, rather the people who follow....

Thanks

I've played a few MMORPGs, and know other people who do. Of the people I know who have played SWG, none of them liked it and stayed with it very long.

Thanks

Originally posted by mushindo
    Personally, i would rather play FFXI :\ you get a free month as well.
    SWG gives you 30 free days as well. And what makes SWG worth it are actually alot of things. PvPing is fun. Especially when It's Rebels vs Imperials. There's alot of smack-talking between the two factions. :D The downside in PvP is that the Teras Kasi job (remember that old PSX game?) is unbelievably cheap. They have crazy defense bonuses and they have a skill which knocks down an enemy and your damage done is doubled. Also, you aren't limited to one job. You can do all 5 of them, and when you get to a certain point in two different jobs, you can learn a completely different job. For example, finishing Pistols on the Marksman tree and finishing Unarmed Combat on the Brawler tree would allow you to learn "Novice Smuggler." Although at times doing missions gets a tad boring, going to planets such as Endor, Lok, and Yavin4 make up for it in tougher mobs. They give exceptional exp and nice loots. So yeah, SWG is worth it in my eyes, but I guess you'll find out for yourself.

Thanks

If you don't end up paying, might I reccomend Knights of the Old Republic? It's Baldur's Gate-style (in 3d, though), my brother picked it up for about $20, and it's very good.

Thanks
    EP Points

I just played Star Wars Galaxies. I prefer Knights of the Old Republic, SWG was just too laggy for me

Thanks

Everyone I know who has tryed SWG has hated it (about 10 People). Most of them starting playing lineage 2 or Final Fantasy Online.

Thanks

I'd buy FFXI instead.