Thread: psx hardware help

Thanks

Default psx hardware help

my playstation has stoped working it is a scph-9002 i have pics of the mother board and the problem is that when i put a cd in it comes up sayin to insert a playstation cd-rom but the cd is a real copy.

Thanks
    EP Points

possibly try using a laser cleaning disk (you can buy them at most music stores)

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks

it aint the laser its has soemthing to do wif the Circuit board coz my my mod chip burnt out and i had to remove it and yea the guy said it should work but it didnt and yea he wont fix it now

Nowhere near what my IP says. Which is weird, yes?
    Thanks

Is there a way you could show us the pics? Chances are, it's unfixable. However, it could be as simple as bridged contacts.
    The leader is never the idiot, rather the people who follow....

Thanks

Mod chip burnt out :O oh dear, how did you manage that? Hmm you sure the drive is plugged in right (assuming you unplugged it to look at the mod chip) mine wasn't plugged in 100% after transit once and it would get that message sporadically.
    <b><a href="http://www.emuparadise.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=435567#post435567">df0not founds lovely trade list, PSone and Dreamcast</a></b>

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by df0notfound
    Mod chip burnt out :O oh dear, how did you manage that? Hmm you sure the drive is plugged in right (assuming you unplugged it to look at the mod chip) mine wasn't plugged in 100% after transit once and it would get that message sporadically.
    lol you wan to know its cos he kicked it

Thanks

oh right its working fine in that case Thats normal behaviour for a kicked psx
    <b><a href="http://www.emuparadise.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=435567#post435567">df0not founds lovely trade list, PSone and Dreamcast</a></b>

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by df0notfound
    oh right its working fine in that case Thats normal behaviour for a kicked psx
    his not normal lol