Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mod chip for ps2

Thanks

Default mod chip for ps2

what the best modchip to get to play copied ps2 (and maybe even ps1) games along with imports? im looking into it and wanna know, i dont want a swapping one and i heard there are some really good ones that work well after you get them put in (proly by way of sodaring)

Thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

ditto, I spent a fair time drooling over that mod chip Never gonna buy one though simply because I don't have money I want to spare for it.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks

ok wait hte description confused me...do i sodar it in? can it play burned and imported games WITHOUT swapping? my ps1 is modded and i can play anything just by puttig the disk in...is it the same way?

Thanks
    EP Points

Usually, if not all the time, when u mod(solder)the chip in, u can play anything w/o swapping, and the DMS can do that, and yes, u need to solder it in.

Thanks

so then if i get the chip and install it correctly id just need a dvd burner then i could burn games and play them and order imports and play them? do you know where i could get games? DC prolly?

also how much does that chip normally cost? all i could find were foreign sites

Thanks

Yes. DC, BT...

Thanks

perfect thanks so much, last question, price for DMS?

Thanks
    EP Points

id say around 45-50USD

Thanks

thats not too bad ok cool.....wait i guess i have one more question that site gheist sent i couldnt find on it how to get the chip, is there any place where i can order it from? and a site with detail pics as to how to instal it......the dms homepage may have em i just havent looked yet

EDit: i found a modchip site with the chip and a guide for it...so thanks everyone
    Last edited by MICHAEL-patton; 9th-June-2004 at 21:33.

Thanks

For PS2 modchips, I will say either DMS3 or magic 3.X or V depending on how old your PS2 is. I had a magic X installed on my v10 console and it works like a charm. I can play all import, backups(both CD and DVDs) and also all PS1 games(original and backups). and I can watch original and backup DVD movies as well!!!

So I will highly recommend magic V modchip. DMS3 has basically the same function except that you can upgrade the bios inside so it can deal with new security protection of newer games.

some sites for modchips :

www.modchip.com
    www.modchipstore.com

They are hot, aren't they??

Thanks

does anyone know how to install a magic v chip for a v7 ps2 or know were i can get detailed instructions because i bought 2 chips but had 1 ps2 and i burnt it now i need some mpre detailed instructions. can any one help?

Thanks

is the swap trick with the card effective? i saw it @ http://www.modchip.com/ps2/slidecard.htm
    i should be a retrod00d ><

Thanks

Originally posted by Astro X
    So I will highly recommend magic V modchip. DMS3 has basically the same function except that you can upgrade the bios inside so it can deal with new security protection of newer games.
    I reccomend the DMS3 its a little more than a magic V but the features alone are worth it.
    DMS3 also supports 3rd party HDDs and the Official PS2 HDD unlike all other mod chips.
    Its been a good investment for me anyhow. I like how it boots PSX and PS2 backups
    like originals without having to boot it a special way.
    Last edited by Mr.Anonymous; 10th-June-2004 at 13:44.

Anything worth conquering is powered, built and backed by fear not by fact.

Thanks

Just out of curiosity has anyone here actually installed their own chip? I'm considering getting me ps2 chipped but thought it would be cool if i could try chipping it meself. Looking at some installation pics on the web though makes it look a bit intimidating, anyone had the guts to do it on their own or know of anyone that has tried it without any outside help other than instructions on how to do it?
    blingo blango
    I want spamo
    with mayo
    by Anon