Thread: Easter Eggs taste yum yums

Thanks

Default Easter Eggs taste yum yums

I like to see little touches in games, be they easter eggs or cool incidental animations or whatever. I'm pretty darn positive that i ain't the only one so thus this thread.

RULES

for thread: type out name of game for all to see then USE HIDDEN to hide the actual easter egg or whatever you thought was a cool touch so you don't spoil the game for others okay? just quote me post if ya don't know how.

There are tons of em but lets start with some obvious ones and go from there.

Metal Gear PSX

I love that cold you can get if you stand next to the prison guard, anoying yes, cool also yes. I only found it on my second play through very funny listening to Snake talk on the codec with a cold. It was soooo unnecessary which showed just how much effort was put into the game, cool. Tons of easter eggs in this game but that was one of the funniest for me.

Castlevania PSX

This is such a small touch but I loved it, when you had the fairy familiar and you just stand there doing nothing for a while she sits on your shoulder and crosses her legs, when you move again she falls a little way like she was surprised. I remember playing this game and listening to my fave music in an area and just standing there while she sits on your shoulder. Cool.

PS remember to use HIDDEN otherwise I will be all sad and start crying.
    blingo blango
    I want spamo
    with mayo
    by Anon

Thanks
    EP Points

erm everyone mp already knows this one but I liked it:

MGS2
    The place you have to cover otocons sister as she crosses the bridge you can point the directional mic across the sea at one of the structures and hear a guards conversation. Pretty funny too.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks

Harmony of Dissonance

There's a whole buncha references to the first few Castlevania games in this one... Sypha's Crystal, Christopher's Soul, the fact that you get to collect Dracula's remains a la Simon's Curse... Even the Gradius Shields and Dragons are there!! :O Though a bit out of place, I love that kinda stuff... Dunno why, Juste just kicks so much ass, yet I feel he's so underrated... That game could've been so much better...

Metal Gear Solid

Don't remember exactly where, but somewhere in the game, there's a PSX console... YES!! A PSX!! It's just lying there, over some computer console...

You can also catch the cold if you stay too much out in the snow...

When you need to contact Meryl for the first time... "Her frequency is on the back of the CD case..." Heh...

After you withstand Ocelot's second torture session, if you talk to Naomi, she'll activate your nano-machines to give you a soothing massage! This actually helps!! You put your controller over your arm and then it starts vibrating! Shame it stops so quickly...

Also during Ocelot's torture session, quote: "Don't even THINK about using auto-fire, or I'll know..." Heh, I love those little details...

And finally, when you fight Psycho Mantis: "Now, let me read your into your mind... *SHAM!*ZANG!*WOOSH!* "Ah! You like Castlevania, don't you...?" They actually LOOK into your memory card to see which KONAMI games you've got saved!! I'm pretty sure the same happens if you have Suikoden, or others there...

Guess that's it...

Thanks

Summoner PC

This game was better that I expected which doesn't happen very often. It was a pretty stupid little extra and totally out of place but humorous. After the end credits a bunch of characters from the game act out a scene like they were d&d geeks, kind of kills the mood when you've just killed the king evil dude but funny.

Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3 PSX

when Ryu fights a computer AI Ken (not the "evil" Ken in the Arcade mode) and gets a perfect KO (I think he has to use a level 3 super to finish him off?) he crouches over and helps Ken up to see if he is okay. It took a long time to find this easter egg. I was amazed when I first saw it thinking "what the hell just happened". The chances of it happening are pretty slim considering it can't happen in Arcade mode. I haven't tried it for a while so hope I am remembering it right, can anyone confirm EXACTLY how to do this? still pretty detailed little inclusion, very cool and hard to find (for me anyway).
    blingo blango
    I want spamo
    with mayo
    by Anon

Sticking in the back of some guy named Randy
    Thanks

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

There is a mario and yoshi in the corner of the room during the Ninja fight. There is also a game cube on a desk during this fight(this is presumably where the Play station is in the original playstation version, that sexy ass mentioned.)
    I am in no way responsible for the above post. It was my hand's fault. Bad hand.
    ---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Megaman Zero

The submarine you find in the "stop the hacking" mission has a Repliforce logo on it. OMFG!!!!!!!!! :O!!!!

Thanks

In response to crusher:
    It does...? What's a Repliforce...?

There, edited... Happy now...?
    Last edited by Roux!; 9th-June-2004 at 21:54.

Thanks
    EP Points

nice way to confuse people who didnt read the hidden tags, Sexy ass!

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by Sexy Ass
    It does...? blablablabla
    Play MMX4 f00!
    Last edited by crusher; 9th-June-2004 at 22:02.

Thanks

Originally posted by Norgus
    nice way to confuse people who didnt read the hidden tags, Sexy ass!
    Oh, sorry... I'll fix that now...

Thanks

castlevania: symphony of the night
    when you have the bat familiar equipped, if you turn into a bat, it falls in love with you and gets super close to you. alternately, when you have the ghost familiar equipped, and you turn into any transformation the ghost will have three question marks over it's head-body thing, and it'll go away. pretty funny.