Thread: PSP interview

Thanks

Angry PSP interview

http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/2...1354.39666.htm

Looks like I'm goin to buy DS instead. :\

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Again, if you're just listening to music with no visuals at all then it should last, as I said yesterday, about eight to ten hours just like an iPod would. If you are playing a game that is consistently cycling through and putting the CPU to good use, yeah, battery life is going to be shorter. Maybe about two and a half, three hours.
    What he says is that if a game is 'streaming' all the time, it will be way shorter than normal. A game like GTA or Soul Reaver uses flood streaming data so no loading should be necessary. That's when it will be shorter. Not every game does this though. A RPG for example, won't need that.
    And didn't he say it will be about two or three hours shorter? Then it would be equel to maybe 6 hours? And that is the keyword here, maybe. He's not for sure. Maybe means nothing.

I'm still gonna get a PSP. I'm very intrested in the upcmming Metal Gear.

Thanks

Needs to grow his ballsack back, that man does. Very non-commital. But why would this interview sway you to the Nintendo (aka good) side? I read some, but he was just saying its going to have shorter battery life than a humvee with AAs.

Nowhere near what my IP says. Which is weird, yes?
    Thanks

As long as it has a NiCd pack of some sort, I wouldn't mind. I don't really care for handhelds anyway
    The leader is never the idiot, rather the people who follow....

Thanks
    EP Points

It has a Li-ion Battery. So it's all cool.

Thanks

Agh! That interview's too long! And I don't care for what Kaz has to say, he's a bag of shit, basically... Bring on Reggie!!

Thanks

If the handheld only lasts 2 1/2 or 3 hrs that sucks BIG time. Im not gonna buy something that I cant play for so little!!
    Signature removed by Administrator. One picture per sig limit.<!--
    -->

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by crusher
    What he says is that if a game is 'streaming' all the time, it will be way shorter than normal. A game like GTA or Soul Reaver uses flood streaming data so no loading should be necessary. That's when it will be shorter. Not every game does this though. A RPG for example, won't need that.
    And didn't he say it will be about two or three hours shorter? Then it would be equel to maybe 6 hours? And that is the keyword here, maybe. He's not for sure. Maybe means nothing.

Thanks

Originally posted by crusher

Yes, yes... But what if it sucks...?

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't think the Nintendo DS will have much better battery life. These are also really rough off the top of his head estimates. It could be 4-5 hours or maybe 2-3 hours. You just have to take into consideration that this machine is as powerful as a PS2 and you are comparing it's battery to a GBA which is comparable to an SNES. If you used the GBA battery on the PSP you would get a LOT less time as it takes a lot more power to run the CPU that fast.

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by Sexy Ass
    Yes, yes... But what if it sucks...?
    Never!

Thanks

Originally posted by knowitman
    I don't think the Nintendo DS will have much better battery life. These are also really rough off the top of his head estimates. It could be 4-5 hours or maybe 2-3 hours. You just have to take into consideration that this machine is as powerful as a PS2 and you are comparing it's battery to a GBA which is comparable to an SNES. If you used the GBA battery on the PSP you would get a LOT less time as it takes a lot more power to run the CPU that fast.
    What...?!?

As powerful as a PS2...?!?

I Highly doubt that... The Metal Gear Acid screenshots look about halfway between MGS and MGS2, so I doubt it'll be a portable PS2, as you've stated many, many times...

And the DS is comparable to the N64 graphics-wise, so leave the GBA out of this, this battle is not the GBA's...

Thanks
    EP Points

Actually it is comparable to PS2. You can see it in the specs. That is also what the designers say too.

Thanks
    EP Points

Remember that lots of stuff the PS2 can do with software, the PSP can do with hardware. Better stuff!

EDIT: Is it just me, or doesn't it seem kinda fishy that the interview is gone?
    Last edited by crusher; 7th-June-2004 at 10:16.

Thanks

That's what they say... I doubt it... :\