6 9.84%
  • South Korea

0 0%
  • UK

4 6.56%
  • Other (Please specify)

3 4.92%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which country has the best movies?

Thanks

Default which country has the best movies?

i was just wondering what people think about this. evaluations should take into account both past and present films, or you can have multiple catergories. pick the overall winner in the poll tho.

personally, i like japanese films. they've been turning out great movies for the last 80 (but only crap for 20 years before that) and they show no signs of stopping. classic hollywood (silent period through 1940s) is good stuff too, but america loses because we just can't make good movies any more.

Thanks

Im a fool for flashy special effects and fit women so I have to vote for the US. Fu</>ck storylines, as long as theres guns, explosions and girls with their mammories out then Im a happy man.
    Touch my twat.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Darrr! Where is Sweden? Last year, Every fourth film was Swedish.

Thanks

I totally agree you clive.

Thanks
    EP Points

America

Goto support my country

Thanks

I like America's movies. Good affects, and sometimes followed by good storylines.

Tri-Magnum Guest

Unconditional voting? I think that the US makes good movies too, but after a while it is all just recycled storylines, and you can almost predict what is going to happen next. There are SOME movies that are REALLY good, such as The Last Samurai, but those Japanese can make some good movies too, plus it's fun to point out the translation mistakes on english-dubbed Japanese movies ';-P

Thanks
    EP Points

english dubbs suck, Im all for subbs though.

I votes japan because when I see one of there films I truly love it (not unconditional, but I do love the ones that are to my taste). Battle Royale put a heavy tilt on my vote (being one of my very fave films ever ).

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks

I like french and italian movies, they actually have talented actors and fewer teens in those...

They're real, they're fun, no gimmicks...

Thanks

I'll have to go with Clive on this one. Bang+boobs+boom= American movies. Yet I'm a bit picky with my films, I only really like a small few(Contact, Schindler's List, Enemy at the Gates, Saving Pvt. Ryan, Thin Red Line, Terminator 2, The Great Escape, and Back to the Future). I don't care much for the movies that came out in the last 5 or so years, as the films just feel like recycled shit(except for a few).
    I have a taste for WWII films, as you might've noticed.
    There are a few funny-ass French films(can't name any) and some hilarious Spanish films(Torrente, for example) that I like, but the U.S. basically owns the movie industry.

Thanks

Hong Kong, der...

Thanks

Hong Kong all the way!

Thanks
    EP Points

Gotta go with America. I was tempted to support my country and say England, but then I realised that a) we haven't made a good movie in the last 20 years, and b) we can't make a movie without that twat Hugh Grant starring in it.

Oh, and America is still capable of giving us brilliant and original movies, it's just that non of them are really mainstream. The only one in the past few years that's really gotten any kind of recognition is 'Donnie Darko'. It was pretty much ignored by the mainstream on its release but it eventually earned the recognition it deserved. Brilliant film, I presume most of you will have seen it though.
    Last edited by Cosmic; 4th-June-2004 at 19:49.

achil1785 Guest

Gots to go with the U.S. of A just because of the matrix even though they let me down in the sequels

Thanks

@crusher: sorry i forgot about sweden. there is other tho...
    @all: some people don't seem to understand. the question isn't: "which counntry has the heathies film industry" but rather "what country's movies do you PERSONALLY like best." also who the f added the UK. it wasn't in my list and i left it off for a reason: so much of "british" cinema is funded by hollywood that it's basically hollywood with british accents.

i'm glad nobody's said indian yet. those bollywood dance numbers get on my nerves.
    Last edited by madcrow; 4th-June-2004 at 20:12.