Thread: A DVD-ROM Drive Question. (LG)

Thanks

Default A DVD-ROM Drive Question. (LG)

Hi there,

Am thinking of purchasing a DVD Rom Drive of LG. I searched www.lge.com and found out that they are having a DVD Rom Drive with Model No. GDR-8163B. I live in India and over here my hardware guy is providing me with a 16x LG DVD Rom Drive with the Model No. GDR-8162B.

Now, I wanna know whats the difference between LG GDR-8163B and GDR-8162B.

If you guys know the answer, please post. I have searched the net for this, but haven't got a perfect answer.

If both of the drives are kinda same and there is absolutely no difference between them, then may be I will go for the one that is available in India. If THERE IS A DIFFERENCE, may be I will insist my hardware guy to get the GDR-8163B for me.

Please help. Any help in this regards will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in Advance.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Model number means that the fdrives were made at different times, and might have some dofferences. Like the PS2 for instance

Thanks

So which one should I go for. I don't think GDR-8163B is available in India. I can try to find it but am not sure whether I will be able to find it. All I wanna do is watch DVD movies on my PC. Thats it.

But I was thinking that as am gonna buy a NEW DVD Rom Drive then why shouldn't I buy the BEST and the LATEST that is available.

Am still confused....

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |