Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good sword-fighting games

xeroedouttwice Guest

Good sword-fighting games

Ok, what are some good sword-fighting games for the SNES? I'm interested in games where you could pull off combinations of hits with weapons or clubs or whatever; sort of like how Kirby the marshmellow dude fights with the cutter ability or sword ability in 'Kirby Super Star' for SNES. For some odd reason, I find it cool as hell to jump on an opponent and slice the hell outta them with a fury of hits from a sharp object, you know, like a 15 or 30 hit combo with a big-ass sword that knocks the damn opponent off the screen? Gee, maybe it's my ridalin or something...oh well, thanks!

Thanks
    EP Points
    I can't think of any like you said, but if you like games with swords try...

Cutthroat Island, Genesis, Game Boy (black & white) & SNES: A game based on pirates, and a pretty rubbish one at that. Give it a try though.

Samurai Showdown, SNES (I think): I'm not sure about this one, It's a beat 'em-up but I think some characters have swords. Try it.

Super Star Wars series (SNES): Well, lightsabers are sort of swords...

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace (PC & PSX): Same reason as above.

I know these aren't really the kind of sword-sim (or whatever they could be called) that you're looking for but I hope these suggestions help you somehow.

Ziegfried Guest

hah,try weaponlord for snes,a fighting game with weapons were u actually can CUT YOUR OPPONENTS HEAD OF!!! BWAHAAHAH!!! dunno how to do it tho,but ive seen it.

xeroedouttwice Guest

thanks

Sybion0 Guest

Try SOULCALIBER for dreamcast it fits your discription pretty well

Fish_face Guest
    Yeah! I want one of them types of games!!! PLEASE tell me MORE!!! and yes Soul Calibur is BRILLIANT beyond anything, so's Dynasty warriors for Psx (in fact I'll have a look for that!...) so... any more?

YourMom Guest

Originally posted by Skinner_8:
    <STRONG>hah,try weaponlord for snes,a fighting game with weapons were u actually can CUT YOUR OPPONENTS HEAD OF!!! BWAHAAHAH!!! dunno how to do it tho,but ive seen it.</STRONG>
    hey skinner, do you know any moves for weaponlord? i get my ass kicked nearly every bloody time, so i need to learn some impressive flashy moves (i.e. cutting heads off) if you know any cool ass moves, could you please email them to me at the [email protected]? thanx

Ziegfried Guest

http://vgstrategies.about.com/games/...c/blcheats.htm

i think u can find it there,otherwise i dunno,i havent got the rom.

Ziegfried Guest

btw try the regular fighting game moves (like down-downright-right-punch)

Fish_face Guest
    Sorry for bein a bit thick but... where can i get weaponlord???

Ziegfried Guest

well thats the brop,u see,i havent got the game,and i dont know where to get it. well this site i guess,but ull have to wait a couple days or so.

Thanks

I think it's on section 4 of www.britroms.com

Thanks

The direct URL is http://www.emureactor.com/

Fish_face Guest
    It is but... I GOT THERE BEFORE YOU! (sorry, had to do that!)

Ziegfried Guest

i already had it on me real snes for a couple years,so hah!