EP Points

Then just don't read it

Ziegfried Guest

Yes, that too.

Thanks
    EP Points

See, I can be smart when I want to

Thanks

Like I said on IRC before, it's hard not to read something when they shove it in your face, i.e. sigs etc.

And, by the way, how can you have good "political discussion" with people who seemingly have no idea what Communism is about?

If I remember rightly, last time I mentioned something political on here, Keener told me not to.

So perhaps political discussion is already banned before it's even started.

Either that, or there's one fat double standard.

Truth of the matter is, it isn't discussion when it starts to offend people.

I need, I want, I care, I weep, I ache, I am. I said, I am.

Ziegfried Guest

Well, having a good political discussion with someone who doesn't even know what Communism's about is pretty rare, of course, which is why I try to avoid having them...

Anyway, I say threads on politics are fine until someone leaves the forums because they were so offended in/by one of them. Just like all others.

Thanks

Originally posted by Skinner8
    Well, having a good political discussion with someone who doesn't even know what Communism's about is pretty rare, of course, which is why I try to avoid having them...

Anyway, I say threads on politics are fine until someone leaves the forums because they were so offended in/by one of them. Just like all others.
    Why should people feel the need to even get that offended though? . Surely it would just be better to not even have that happening in the first place..

I need, I want, I care, I weep, I ache, I am. I said, I am.

Thanks

Originally posted by Cookie Monster
    [B]
    Let me add Cuba.

Err, where's the democracy in there? All I see is some militar forces trying to set some order, terrorists bringing the chaos and the poor civilians bearing with them all :/
    Dont you think that was a bit demagogic? A democracy is what the americans are trying to establish there, but that doesnt mean that they've filled their objetive so we can talk of a democracy in Iraq right now.... where's the parliament or the constitution??

Anyway, the exception to a rule should not be used as it were the rule itself, so even if you could think in some bad democracies, it's easier to think in examples of productive/prosperous countries in democracy.... and with that I'm not saying democracy is the best system out there, as the rest, its far from perfect.

Oh, and I have nothing against people talking about communism in here, it's a topic like another one.
    you guys are confusing governmental systems with economical systems. democracy is a type of government while communism is a type of economy. and yes I do realize the tie in very closely with each other however if you talk about what is the opposite of communism it is not democracy but capitalism.
    People, in general, are stupid.

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
    George S. Patton

jhool Guest

Yes, I guess if it's okay to spam Communist propaganda, it's okay to express my opinion as well. Rock on!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Originally posted by Andros
    you guys are confusing governmental systems with economical systems. democracy is a type of government while communism is a type of economy. and yes I do realize the tie in very closely with each other however if you talk about what is the opposite of communism it is not democracy but capitalism.
    Well, thanks for the class, but I do know what governmental and economical systems are, you've misread my post cos I never talked about democracy as the opposite to communism, I just quoted two post (one related to communism and other related to democracy) and replied to them separately, so I'm not confused at all

Thanks

People can post communist paraphenalia on emuparadise? wow, you learn something new everyday.

/sarcasm.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

jhool Guest

You know that Hitler was right? He just went about everything wrong. He contradicted himself in his own work (Mein Kampf) by saying that you could never win a war on 2 fronts. It's exactly how Germany got pwned... The guy was a genius, too bad he didn't know how to channel his energy correctly

Thanks

^ I know alot of things...

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

jhool Guest

Like...

Thanks

The Dutch Oven.

jhool Guest

Sewing heads together?