• Hey I think both VGs and Anime Rock

28 73.68%
  • VGs Rock but animes Suck

6 15.79%
  • Animes Rock but VGs Suck

0 0%
  • WTF both of them Suck like a ******************

2 5.26%
  • I donno what rocks or sucks (may the author of this thread is the one who really sucks)

2 5.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Correlation Between Video Games (may be RPG) lovers and Anime fans !!!!

Thanks

Default Correlation Between Video Games (may be RPG) lovers and Anime fans !!!!

During my past years of video games (may be RPG) experince i found out that quite a large fraction of us who like (read it as hardcore fan of) Video Games (specially RPGs ) and thus emulation also fans/lovers of animes too . What are your opinion about this.

Most of ppl from EP community whom i got chance to talk with on IRC AIM and Ymessenger also agreed on this fact.

I think there is a strong degree of correlation between the both .

Thanks

Both rule!!!!! I am sometimes angered by the lack of skill to watch anime and play video games at the same time though....
    Squiggly Line Squiggly Line Squiggly Line

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm, I think it has something to do with the fact that a fair percentage of people who are into games / anime will develop a general interest in Japan as a whole... Thus an interest in one element of Japanese pop culture can develop and grow into an interest in everything Japanese... That's how it happened with me, my interest in the Japanese language / anime / Japanese culture / etc... was all born out of an interest in Japanese videogames, more specifically RPGs.

There's also quite a similarity between the kind of stories that take place in Japanese RPGs, and a good few anime... So I guess that might have something to do with it too...

Thanks

I like video games but they are starting to grow off on me. And for me anime is a no no.

Thanks

^ Weird.. I hate Japan.

I think they both suck.. but on occassion you come across an interesting anime or VG that just.. yeah.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by Engel
    ^ Weird.. I hate Japan.

I think they both suck.. but on occassion you come across an interesting anime or VG that just.. yeah.
    Yeah, but as I said, it's generally people who have some kind of interest in an element of Japanese pop culture to begin with You've just stated that both the elements in question sucked, hence there's nothing weird about you not developing a weird obsession with Japan like me
    Last edited by Harmony; 1st-May-2004 at 17:28.

Thanks

I totally agree with Elin my (read it little) knowlegde of Japanese and JCulture is most of due to anime and VGs . VGs were to begin with ; a japanese brainchild (Nintendo any one ?) and most of the VGs (more specifically RPGs) have the ting of Japanese culture specally the console based ones.

I have seen most of us have a common interets VGs Animes (may be JPOP too ; i like Utada songs) most of them come from Japan

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's all sad.

Thanks

I like both Video Games and Anime but I deffinetly prefer Video games....Anime is ok but I never go out of my way to watch it untless I find something I'm really interested in which right now would be nothing.
    Crusher and Sir Nastercoff r0XXOr!!!

Thanks

both rock

Thanks

Both are fun in their own way. Watching some animes can be more fun than some games, and some games can be more fun than some animes. Some anime based games are cool. I watch some of my downloaded anime every day, but I don't play as often at the moment.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Anime + Video games = instant win!
    I like both video games and Anime, and especially my liking for anime has developed lately, i download all anime i can get my hands on

Thanks

What animes are you watching? I could give you a few suggestions if you want to try some new ones.
    Btw, you should've mentioned manga, since most animes come from a manga.

Thanks

Presently I am watching Noir and I am also waiting for Macross Zero Vol.4 ( Its coming somewhere in the end of June i think) , Animes i have watched include Samurai Deeper Kyo , Macross, Macross Plus , Ninja Scroll, . I havent tried manga as yet.

Thanks

Noir... so boring. I'd very much rather play a game than watch it. Samurai Deeper Kyo is alright IMO, but I suggest Rurouni Kenshin if you haven't seen it already. Naruto is about ninjas, much better than Jubei Ninpucho(Ninja Scroll). Try out Fullmetal Alchemist, too. Both of these series are still airing with new episodes each week. If you want more titles, just wait till I've finished a site with anime reviews Im working on.