• Linux

7 11.48%
  • Lindows

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What OS Do You Use?

Thanks

Default What OS Do You Use?

I just read a thread about the disadvantages of 7-zip and the major one that came up was that its only on Windows. Tell me, what OS do you use so we can see how big of an issue this is.

note: The result of this poll may sway me towards using WinRAR for torrents if the poll doesnt favor Windows.

Thanks
    EP Points

Er....Lindows is Linux just incase you didn't know, its just another distro like Mandrake or Fedora. I use Windows for now till I get my other harddrive fixed so I can copy my Anime onto there, create a blank partition and compile Gentoo Linux

Thanks

I've always used Windows and I don't plan on changing anytime soon.

Thanks
    EP Points

I still use Windows. Was thinking of setting up a partition for Linux too though, more just out of interest than anything else, I've never used it for any great length of time.

Thanks

Originally posted by torpedo009
    Er....Lindows is Linux just incase you didn't know, its just another distro like Mandrake or Fedora. I use Windows for now till I get my other harddrive fixed so I can copy my Anime onto there, create a blank partition and compile Gentoo Linux
    I heard that Lindows was Linux and Windows mixed. A whole different company...

PS: ELINS BACK! (I dont read introductions/farewells)

Thanks

Lindows to my understanding is a crappy linux that has the same interface as windows. I use win2k but kinda wanna put FreeBSD on my computer.

Thanks

Windows XP all the way. I tried some Linux package on another comp some time ago, but it was only for like 10 mins. I wish I had it installed, Id love to try it and see what all the hype is about. For now, Ill blindly use what ol' Bill chucks at us.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Windows XP, I can't play any games otherwise innit?

Thanks

I'v never really bothered with Linus or anything other than Windows. I have Windows XP on my computer now and probably own't use anything else but this.
    Crusher and Sir Nastercoff r0XXOr!!!

Thanks

I used windows for about 10 years but moved to macosx because its better for my line of work, no way am I changing back after using this hehe. Used to use linux in the past sometimes, its really good if your pretty computer literate and don't need to use creative software because its not as bad security wise as windows and most software is free.
    <b><a href="http://www.emuparadise.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=435567#post435567">df0not founds lovely trade list, PSone and Dreamcast</a></b>

Thanks

Opps forgot to add, you have to think about potential users too not just current ones. I mean if someone comes along and sees a bunch of files in an obscure format they can't use they're probably going to try and get the same thing elsewhere.
    <b><a href="http://www.emuparadise.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=435567#post435567">df0not founds lovely trade list, PSone and Dreamcast</a></b>

Thanks
    EP Points

Currently dual booting win2k and linux, but Ive put linux as my choice because im using it far more these days.

Lindows doesnt exist, M$ forced them to change there name to something else and they are currently aliased as linspire I think... they keep changing name, not long ago it was lindash haha XD

but seriously linspire isnt all that good and using it will get you scorned by a good chunk of the linux community, it has nothing to do with windows except they are trying to make it more like windows for usability.

Gentoo all the way baby

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks

suse linux for work, nerdy stuff. m$ xp for most games, internet (will switch to linux for 'net as soon as i get an upgrade that supports my laptop's crappy winmodem)

Thanks
    EP Points

Windows all thew baby!!!

Thanks

Originally posted by Norgus

Gentoo all the way baby
    Not surprised to hear it...