Thread: A good fileshare program?

Thanks

Default A good fileshare program?

Hi all... yeah yeah... I know... it's been a while, but hey... still waiting for DSL LOL.

Well to business... I'm looking for a fileshare program to use instead of Kazaa... so I can find my favourite 80's music videos and other fun stuff. I know that there is WinMX and such, but I just want a good alternative.

And yes... still looking for hosting and finding the money to pay for the hosting if I find the right place. But I can tell I'm not the only one with the problem LOL

Well it's good to be back and I look forward to post more later... damn there are a lot of options there... and still on 56k... double damn

Lucullus Salutes You!!

Thanks

Use bittorrent and find a good tracker site. There are tons of BitTorrent clients, take a look at the thread in the BT downloads mb for a list of clients. I warn you though, its nothing like Kazaa/WinMX/Imesh and it works horribly on modems(but since you said you're waiting for DSL...). It's the best filesharing app I can think of.
    Emule is slow, but you can find tons of rare stuff on it.
    Direct Connect isnt half-bad, but I really don't like it.

Thanks

Use iMesh it's prettyr good, or try edonkey also a good filesharing-program but speed is very low.

Thanks

Thx guys... well the speed can't really get any slower with me on it LOL... got so much trouble with my isp and phonelines that I'm ready to become a phonecompany killer... anyone want to hire me? I'll look thru the progs and see what I like.
    Damn there are a lot of hosts out there, but they all want something eh? With any luck I might have hosting again for the good oldies games like Snes and NES... can only hope

Lucullus Salutes You!!

Thanks

Also try Direct Connect or DC++......very good for file sharing with other people, you log onto a hub and search for what you want and talk to and share with others....very good program
    Crusher and Sir Nastercoff r0XXOr!!!

Thanks

First try overnet its a decentralized version of edonkey and second contact me about hosting or go to www.host-solutions.net and yes they all want sumtin in return but i member 1999 when the prices were soooooo high but now its pretty cheap!

Greatest Hosting!

=============
    Be Gentle

Thanks

Man I recently discovered IRC, maybe you could check the servers there. They seem to have some music. It may be good?
    Signature removed by Administrator. One picture per sig limit.<!--
    -->

Thanks

Is it just me, or is Kazza pretty much down? I csn never connect to it, all it says is "Connecting..." left it for an hour, nothing

Limewire is pretty good, but Kazaa is the best right now

Thanks

Originally posted by master
    Is it just me, or is Kazza pretty much down? I csn never connect to it, all it says is "Connecting..." left it for an hour, nothing

Limewire is pretty good, but Kazaa is the best right now
    From what I see kazaa is better for 56Kers like me. Its just you or your program cuz its working fine for me. Im using Kazaa lite resurrection ++.
    Signature removed by Administrator. One picture per sig limit.<!--
    -->

Thanks
    EP Points

Limewire is a good program to use