Thread: Sega Saturn Help...

Cea Guest

Default Sega Saturn Help...

I recently found a Sega Saturn which is pretty rare in my area, so I picked it up. It only had six games though so I was wondering is there anyway to burn downloaded Saturn games and play them on the system? And are saturn ISO's hard to find?

Nowhere near what my IP says. Which is weird, yes?
    Thanks

There is, I think (more than willing to be corrected ) that if you get a gameshark, or an action replay 4 in 1 cartridge, you can play the back-ups with out a hitch, but I do know for sure that both the gameshark and action replay let you play import games As for finding them, any p2p program has them, and I am sure some other fellow members here could trade or direct you to sites/ftps
    The leader is never the idiot, rather the people who follow....

Cea Guest

Originally posted by mushindo
    There is, I think (more than willing to be corrected ) that if you get a gameshark, or an action replay 4 in 1 cartridge, you can play the back-ups with out a hitch, but I do know for sure that both the gameshark and action replay let you play import games As for finding them, any p2p program has them, and I am sure some other fellow members here could trade or direct you to sites/ftps
    Thanks a lot.

Also if anyone does no of some ftps or anything with saturn iso's I would greatly appreciate you telling me, heh. I would trade but I use a dial up connection so that may be a bit harder to do. And I thought Ive seen something about a swap trick for saturn.. Is that what Mushindo was talking about? If anyone can help me out, thanks.

EDIT:: Oh and Can I also burn Sega CD ISOs and play them on Saturn?

Thanks

There is also a swap trick, but if it is anything like the playstation's, it isn't very easy or fun. I'll go check out about the cartridges and see if the let you play backups without having to do anything

Sega CD isos would only work on the Sega CD console. Saturn only plays saturn games

Cea Guest

There is also a swap trick, but if it is anything like the playstation's, it isn't very easy or fun. I'll go check out about the cartridges and see if the let you play backups without having to do anything

Sega CD isos would only work on the Sega CD console. Saturn only plays saturn games
    Okay, thanks a lot. I only wondered about the Sega CD games because Saturn also plays Genises games and CD looked like it was an addon for Genises, so thats too bad.. And thanks again for all your help.

Thanks

I don't think the saturn plays genesis games...If you are refering to the cartridge slot in the back, that is for the back-up memory card, ram packs, or cheating devices I don't think the action replay or gameshark let you play backups, at least I can't find any info on it yet. I would install a mod chip, or mod board. Since that would probably work best

Cea Guest

I don't think the saturn plays genesis games...If you are refering to the cartridge slot in the back, that is for the back-up memory card, ram packs, or cheating devices I don't think the action replay or gameshark let you play backups, at least I can't find any info on it yet. I would install a mod chip, or mod board. Since that would probably work best
    lol oh. Well that goes to show how much I know about the system.

Thanks

For SS games try searching on eMule or on BitTorrent trackers. You can also request or trade here at EP as mushindo stated.

T-chan99 Guest

Actually, you don't need to buy anything to play burned/import games on the Saturn. Check out GameFAQs for an FAQ on how to make the Saturn play burned games. And it's very easy to convert region codes.

Cea Guest

Originally posted by T-chan99
    Actually, you don't need to buy anything to play burned/import games on the Saturn. Check out GameFAQs for an FAQ on how to make the Saturn play burned games. And it's very easy to convert region codes.
    Are you talking about the swap trick, because thats the only thing I found on GFAQs that explains how to play burned games.

T-chan99 Guest

Indeed. The swap trick works wonderfully if you do it right.

Cea Guest

If I do do the swap trick is there a chance of damaging the system? And theres a model 1 and 2 swap trick how do I know which one I use?