Thread: Question about PSX ISO & patches...

Thanks

Default Question about PSX ISO & patches...

Guys just a quick question is there a program to detect if the iso you got is already patch (if it has an anti-mod chip detection) or if it's just a straight ISO taken of the actual game CDs. I have a few here "example like wildarms 2" and a few other games that I think might have anti-mod chip detection. I don't want to burn an iso and find out it needs patching. I'm kinda new to this patching stuff so >< bear with me ...
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b*tch-slap the f**ker upside the head...

<a href="http://207.44.214.54/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11884&perpage=15&pagenu mber=10">Trade List</a>

az_bont Guest

The simple test would be to try playing it. If it actually runs, then there is no active modchip protection. In order to playback a protected game on an emulator, you need to load in a subchannel file or use the original disc with subchannel reading enabled, and I believe only ePSXe is able to do this.

Just run the game like normal, and if it plays, it'll also play on your Playstation.

Thanks

Originally posted by az_bont
    The simple test would be to try playing it. If it actually runs, then there is no active modchip protection. In order to playback a protected game on an emulator, you need to load in a subchannel file or use the original disc with subchannel reading enabled, and I believe only ePSXe is able to do this.

Just run the game like normal, and if it plays, it'll also play on your Playstation.
    How do I enable this subchannel thing?
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b*tch-slap the f**ker upside the head...

<a href="http://207.44.214.54/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11884&perpage=15&pagenu mber=10">Trade List</a>

Thanks
    EP Points

If you check the options in the some of the CD plugins for ePSXe you will see a check for subchannel reading.