Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Racism : Are Black people more racists than white's these days?

Thanks

Political correctness is a shambles and a farce - and in the long run will only serve to the destruction of continuing race relations in countries of racial variety. I know that within the UK it is certainly doing more damage than good, with the only sector that seems in compliance with this new way of thinking being the media. It seems you cant say a word against any race, other than caucasian, without the moral outcry of racist accusation being levelled.

However, it is true to say that racism does exist on a fundamental level, but the feeling is certainly becoming more mutual - a view supported by the ongoing acts of terrorism against the western world, to name the obvious example. But in my opinion, this level of mutual dislike between races will only grow as political correctness becomes more and more predominant - and indeed more stupidly farcial.

Just recently, a Muslim leader declared that all true believers of Islam would never betray a comrade of faith by informing the police of terrorist activities they may be involved in. This man, a resident of the UK, has effectively given his blessing to attacks against the west and their ideals. But the media barely batted a proverbial eyelid - I can only imagine the outcry if the tables had been turned and it would have been a white person in a senior position advocating violence against Muslims. However, and thankfully, there have been many cases of other Muslim leaders deploring this mans views - but the damage has already been done.

As a footnote I'd like to add that Im not racist. However, I am disgusted by the approach the UK Government and suchlike take with regards to race relations. With things as they are, it will be Society will make me racist, not the colour of other peoples skin.
    Touch my twat.

Thanks

Default Re: Re: Racism : Are Black people more racists than white's these days?

Originally posted by EGGO
    Also, probably the most racist of all people are Japanese. Believe me, I've seen them call many of whites "gaijuns", which is the equivalent of the "N" word in america. It's also funny to see people buying magazines that say, "Gaijun."

Believe me, they really don't like foreigners unless you're a celebrety or you were born there (woo, I'm safe)
    Heh. I wonder how they feel about most of their Video Game characters looking like "Gaijuns".
    XBL I IcedEarth28
    Play with me!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I completely agree with Clive there, I know a lot of people are having a growing dislike against ethnic minorities, not because of skin, but because of the preferential treatment and the way they take the piss out of our, somewhat shambolic, immigration system.

reagan80 Guest

On the subject, I don't understand why there isn't a bigger public outcry over what Spike Lee said about Larry Bird. Spike Lee said Larry Bird was an over-rated basketball player because he was white. Didn't Rush Limbaugh get fired recently for making the exact comment about a black player? I saw the Limbaugh scandal for about a week on the news, but I didn't hear anything about Lee from the media.

Originally posted by Meridian

I am half Korean and Half German, a product of U.S Neo-Imperialism. Should I recieve reparitions from Japan because my great-grandmother was possibly raped by a Japanese Soldier in WWII? Should I be in debt to the Jews, despite the fact my German Side came to America in the early 1800's (before WWII)? Should I be responsible for slavery because my white side lived in America, despite the fact that they were in Minnesota (and didnt own slaves)? NO! I am only responsible for my own actions, not my ancestors, as I have ZERO control over their past actions.

I have one question: How are you a product of US Neo-Imperialism again?

I don't see the connection between being half-Korean and half-German and being a product of US Neo-Imperialism. If you are referring to our presence in South Korea and Germany, we aren't forcing them to let us stay there. Sure, we might give them financial incentives(bribes?) to keep us there, but that isn't nearly as bad as blackmailing them with force. South Korea, Japan, and German are democratic and can tell us to leave whenever they want to. Despite the Turkish parliament voting against us, we didn't force the Turks into allowing us to use their territory in the recent Iraq war.

Finally, the US intervention in the Korean War was sanctioned by the UN. Our troops and allies fought under the UN flag, so I wouldn't consider it an imperialist venture. I heard on the news recently that our troops might possibly pull out of South Korea(or at least out of the DMZ)...............http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0606/p02s01-woap.html

Ziegfried Guest

Hah. Here's something from IRC a while ago, related to Foxhound's signature.

duende_46> Skinner8 help me
    Skinner8> It's "Down the road", not "across the street".
    Last edited by Ziegfried; 3rd-April-2004 at 18:03.

Thanks

Originally posted by Meridian
    Like Affirmitive Action, in which top colleges (Foxhound) allowed minorities extra points, so they could be accepted into a position while the more qualified asian or white person was rejected BECAUSE OF THEIR RACE
    [edit] This post below was written for the sake of arguing heh so if it sounds harsh please disregard it . As I hold nothing against your belief either.

I bet that is why you see so many asian people in UCLA, god why must UCLA be so racist, I mean they allow Asians in there. Wait didn't you say they don't accept a more qualified asian, but god most of the UCLA pics I've seen at least have one asian in them. I must be on some serious crack because according to you they are some mexicans, blacks, muslims, and any other minority other than asians and whites. I also wonder why most asians aren't considered minorities? Is it because you are asian, and are trying to favor the odds in your view? I mean I see less mexicans in UCLA than asians, are you going to tell me that mexicans that got in there are stupid and got in there because they applied? Are you saying all the achivements of the minorities are done because they are minorities or because they worked their ass off? So Colin Powell is only where he is now because he is black? Because that is what I interpreted from your message. Hell in my school newspaper it said that a school, named Amistad, steals the schools top students, yet while I look at the pictures of the four students guess what I see? Yep 3 whites and a Jap, but wait they aren't minorities so why are they there? I should be seeing other minorities there so that the school isn't considered racist.

I know most of you won't read this long-ass passage but it was mostly directed to Meridian so no harm done .
    Last edited by Foxhound; 3rd-April-2004 at 21:36.

Sig above thanks to crusher

reagan80 Guest

Go easy on Meridian............He didn't mean it as bad as you thought...................Meridian was trying to point out that a minority with inferior SAT scores can overcome a white person with flawless SAT scores at some college admissions offices...........Affirmative Action isn't going to end racial tensions between blacks and whites as long as some whites are victims of that system's occasional unfairness and injustices...........

Thanks

Heh well then that college shouldn't be up now should it?

[edit]and that person with low SAT scores will only end up failing and they will be making money so no matter who they chose it is a win-win situation for the college.
    Last edited by Foxhound; 3rd-April-2004 at 18:55.

Sig above thanks to crusher

Thanks

The college could be accused of racism for not accepting the minority kid over the white kid- it does seem stupid, but it happens.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks

But thats the point, it shouldnt happen. Governments should always give jobs to the natives of the country in the smaller jobs, such as cleaners, etc, but Doctors, etc, we should all have equal chance. If you are better qualified, you get the job.

Nayru Guest

but it wont end up like that, the government will be called racist, and then all hell will brake loose...

Thanks

Originally posted by Georgyw5k
    But thats the point, it shouldnt happen. Governments should always give jobs to the natives of the country in the smaller jobs, such as cleaners, etc, but Doctors, etc, we should all have equal chance. If you are better qualified, you get the job.
    Nah thats bollocks - no job should always go to any ethnic group, native or no. It should be down to the individual - as to whether they are qualified, their employment history and whatever remaining criteria must be met for the job in question.

I know there are certain companies that see it as a legal requirement to employ a certain percentage of non-caucasians - this I find wrong, patronising to the ethnic-minoritys and racist to white people. However, my questioning of such a set up would be deemed racist by these over zealous politically correct wankers, purely because I truly believe that a job should be won on merit, not the colour of a persons skin. Fu</>cking crazy thinking, eh?

Thanks
    EP Points

Actually I agree with Clive on that. A job should be based off a persons merits and not on the colour of his skin, or his ethnic group. Obviously, a person himself hasn't much control over either of the latter since he/she is the product of his parents, so why deem a person eligible or not based on his looks ?

Also, a good argument about reserving certain positions in a country for the natives is that since the company is setting up an office in a particular country, say the USA, then it should IMO provide a certain amount of jobs to the people from the US, otherwise it's kind of unfair to setup office there.

Thanks

Originally posted by MasJ
    Also, a good argument about reserving certain positions in a country for the natives is that since the company is setting up an office in a particular country, say the USA, then it should IMO provide a certain amount of jobs to the people from the US, otherwise it's kind of unfair to setup office there.
    Not necessarily, as the arguement with regards to ethnic percentages in a workforce goes the other way then - and then perhaps the company could truly be accused of racism. I dont think anybody should recieve preferential treatment in such a circumstance, anybody with a right to work has a right to an even crack of the whip, so to speak.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, like I said, it should be reserved for the citizens of that country, and in a particular country, it is only the citizens who have the right to work.
    Not immigrants who have not acquired citizenship until then. That's what I meant.