Thread: Need Xenogears (emulation related) Help *game spoilers*

Thanks

Default Need Xenogears (emulation related) Help *game spoilers*

I've been playing Xenogears on my ePSXe lately. I have all the correct plugins and the right configuration, ect. (I think. So far it's been good) There's been no problems whatsoever these first twelve hours of the game (except for slowdown on some occasions) However.. now that I've gotten to one part, the game keeps freezing on me, no matter what I do. I'l going to explain where I am now.. so if you haven't played it, please don't read, I guess.
    Um, let's see. After the evil read gear is introduced, and it trashes the Yggdrassil, and Citan is forced to escape by escape pod.. it then goes to a scene where it introduces the Kaiser for the first time, and finally you see Fei having flashbacks of himself as a kid or something. During that scene, there's a little Fei sitting in the spotlight, and normal Fei approches him. The screen (very slows, cause of the lag) pans around in an attept to show the little Fei's face.. but it's there, as the camera is panning around that the game freezes. I've sat and waited for half an hour, but it remained frozen. I've reset and tried it many times over, but it keeps freezing in the same spot. Do you have any idea what the problem is and how I can fix it?

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Oh yes I do. You need to press the holy F7 button before the scene. This is a ePSXe fix to make Xenogears playable. After the scene is over, press F7 again and the sound will be back again.

Thanks

F7..? I've never heard that before. I'll give it a try. Thank you very much. If for some reason it doesn't work, I'll undoubtedly come back to whine and complain some more ;; EDIT: It.. worked O.O; Wow, thank you very much. I never would have thought of pressing "F7" in a million years. The lag completely disappeared, as well. Though I can deal with the lag, since I prefere to have sound and music in my games. Anyhoo, thank you so much. I'm a videogame-aholic, so I go crazy when something like this happens
    Last edited by Guy; 16th-March-2004 at 17:38.

Thanks

Weird... I never had to press F7 during any scene...

Is this on ePSXe 1.6...? �_�

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

No problem, theguy. I'm only glad to help.

Ru, I had to do that the first time I played. On ePSXe 1.5 I believe. Dunno if it's fixed in the latest version.