Page 294 of 488 FirstFirst ... 194244284289290291292293294295296297298299304344394 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 7314

Thread: Game Purchases Thread

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Picked up Brutal Legend today on my 360.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Grabbed Guacamelee!, because why the fuck not? I had $13 still sitting on my PSN account, figured it was time to spend it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Under Defeat HD Deluxe Edition £5
    Stranglehold £2
    Lost Planet £2
    Alone in the Dark £2
    (All of the above for 360)

And Wipeout 2048 for the Vita for £10.

Pretty successful CEX online order I must admit. Arrived the next day and no discs are damaged.

Yes I have Wipeout from PS+ but I prefer to have my games physical, what if I decide I no longer want to pay for PS+ and lose all the good games?

EDIT: Also snagged Uncharted Golden Abyss from eBay for £12, it sells for £20 in CEX. So I thought that was a bit of a bargain.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Borderlands 2 for PS3, figured I might as well for the deal, and maybe I can it like I did with Borderlands 1.

Thanks
    EP Points

Guacamelee - PS3.

It's a Metroid style game - had I known that I would have grabbed this sooner! It's awesome, and I think if you're a PS+ member there's a decent discount on it. I'm not, but since I've pretty much moved to PS3 exclusively lately, it might be a smart investment.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Guacamelee - PS3.

It's a Metroid style game - had I known that I would have grabbed this sooner! It's awesome, and I think if you're a PS+ member there's a decent discount on it. I'm not, but since I've pretty much moved to PS3 exclusively lately, it might be a smart investment.
    $14.99 regular, $11.99 for Plus members. I bought it a few days ago, but haven't played it yet.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    $14.99 regular, $11.99 for Plus members. I bought it a few days ago, but haven't played it yet.
    Yeah, it's sweet man. I had glanced at it and just blown it off, but then heard today from a friend that it's a Metroid style game, so I grabbed it as soon as I got home.

It's also cross-buy for Vita too, which is way cool.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Got Alan Wake, Blacksite and Vampire Rain for 360, all for less than $20 total.

Thanks
    EP Points

Today's arrivals. Yet more to come hopefully by the middle of next week.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Today's arrivals. Yet more to come hopefully by the middle of next week.
    Nice - I actually had fun with that KoF game - it's definitely not "good", but it's a good co-op time killer with a buddy.

This last week I've grabbed a few things, the first and foremost being PSN Plus. I'd been batting around the idea for quite a while, but finally took the plunge, and I am totally happy with it!
    With PS+, I got a copy of Ratchet and Clank All 4 1 free, which is the first R&C game I've played since the PS2 era. Needless to say, it make me go out and search for the other PS3 games. I picked up A Crack in Time today, and just ordered a copy of Tools of Destruction. The others seemed a bit "meh" on review sites, so I'll stay away from them for now.

Also finally bought Infamous 2: Festival of Blood because I think Cookie had mentioned it the other day. One of those DLC things that totally slipped my mind
    And in the hardware department, I bought a new 500gig HDD for the PS3 (Seagate), a shiny new Cobalt Blue PS3 controller, and also got a 32 gig memory card for my Vita at Best Buy for half off ($30). They were having a clearance sale on the 32 gig sticks for some reason, so I was lucky enough to grab one.

Oh, and I picked up Django Unchained on Blu-ray (yes, I know it's not a game but it's freaking awesome).

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

With PS+, I got a copy of Ratchet and Clank All 4 1 free, which is the first R&C game I've played since the PS2 era. Needless to say, it make me go out and search for the other PS3 games. I picked up A Crack in Time today, and just ordered a copy of Tools of Destruction. The others seemed a bit "meh" on review sites, so I'll stay away from them for now.
    R&C: Full Frontal Assault is an awesome (albeit somewhat short) game. Seriously check it out. I absolutely loved it, especially as a breather from the "cram the story down your throat" type games that are out there.

Just bought Dragon Fantasy: Book I. It's a downloadable title that was just ported over to PSN. It's a throwback to the old Final Fantasy / Dragon Warrior games. Looks interesting enough, and it's been a while since I've played an old-school RPG.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Traded my third 360 controller in for 20$ off the new releases of soul hackers for 3DS.
    I even managed to get the pre order CDwithout a pre order.

Thanks
    EP Points

Nice - I actually had fun with that KoF game - it's definitely not "good", but it's a good co-op time killer with a buddy.
    I wondered which game you meant at first, I was thinking I've not ordered any King of Fighters games!

I'll probably never play it, but it was only £4.

... I've got problems.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    R&C: Full Frontal Assault is an awesome (albeit somewhat short) game. Seriously check it out. I absolutely loved it, especially as a breather from the "cram the story down your throat" type games that are out there.
    Just bought Dragon Fantasy: Book I. It's a downloadable title that was just ported over to PSN. It's a throwback to the old Final Fantasy / Dragon Warrior games. Looks interesting enough, and it's been a while since I've played an old-school RPG.
    Nice, I'll check it out for sure. I really like Crack in Time - I was hooked on it almost all night. Let me know how that Dragon Fantasy is - I almost grabbed it, but I haven't heard anything about it really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    I wondered which game you meant at first, I was thinking I've not ordered any King of Fighters games!

I'll probably never play it, but it was only £4.

... I've got problems.
    Haha, that's my fault actually - I did say KoF - should be KUF, my bad.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nice, I'll check it out for sure. I really like Crack in Time - I was hooked on it almost all night. Let me know how that Dragon Fantasy is - I almost grabbed it, but I haven't heard anything about it really.
    Full Frontal Assault is a mixture between tower defense and seek-and-destroy missions. It's not meant as a full title, so it's pretty cheap to pick up. I got mine Day 1 for $30, I believe. Great game. Also, if you're enjoying Crack in Time, you'll probably love Tools of Destruction. I felt ToD was the best title on the PS3.

I remember reading an article about the lead developer on Dragon Fantasy a while ago, when it came out for iOS/Android. It got good to positive reviews back then, and they've added a "16-bit" mode to "spruce it up" for the consoles. The general consensus that I've heard is that if you like the old NES/SNES RPGs like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, you'll probably really enjoy this. From the storyline, it sounds very similar to Dragon Warrior IV. I'll probably put up one of my little mini-reviews once/if I beat it.