Thread: Game Purchases Thread

Thanks

eBay - Donkey Kong Country 2.
    <center>
    ^^
    Do It
    Pop The Trunk
    New Car Smell

World of Warcraft... my friend convinced me... bt what started as a skeptic sense of wary enjoyment has turned into the biggest time-waster of all... well, uh, time. I'm getting better. But that's what all addicts say.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by Esememon
    Darn. If I sent you the money after the auction was over... well then I'd be pretty stupid. But in theory you would pay me back.
    I would. It would take a bit, though, 'cause I owe my friend almost $400CAD.

Thanks

hrmmmbshermmm... how much is this game collection?

edit: never mind, I've gone on my own retarded eBay spree. Here's an addition to what I've already gotten...
    Breath of Fire (SNES)
    Super Gameboy (SNES)
    Killer Instinct (SNES) ...go Rareware!
    Stunt Race FX (SNES) - nostalgia... *not actually a great game*
    Super R-Type (SNES)
    NBA Jam (SNES) - friggin' awesome nostalgia. "He's on fire!"
    Gradius III (SNES)
    Star Fox (SNES) - again, nostalgia.
    Gex 3 Deep Cover Gecko (N64) - nostalgia wins once again.
    Bomberman 64 & Bomberman Hero (N64) - it's always noistalgia.
    Mega Man X (SNES) ...did I mention nostalgia? Oh wait, this game rocks.
    Final Fantasy II (SNES, USA) - Ah, my old emulation days. That's right, I'm a member of EP and I don't do emulation (as of 2 years ago). Unless I own it. And now I own it.
    Mischief Makers & some wrestling game (N64) - Nostalgia.. bah.
    and did I already mantion DKC2, Jet Force Gemini, and FFIII? Okay.
    Last edited by Esememon; 29th-July-2004 at 02:13.
    <center>
    ^^
    Do It
    Pop The Trunk
    New Car Smell

World of Warcraft... my friend convinced me... bt what started as a skeptic sense of wary enjoyment has turned into the biggest time-waster of all... well, uh, time. I'm getting better. But that's what all addicts say.

Thanks

Alright, double post.

Chrono Trigger - SNES

Wow. Like... nostalgia times 5, plus awesomeness times 10 = 15 times nostawsome-gia. And yes, I know Subliminal owns everybody and their mothers - but my purchases have sentimental value.
    <center>
    ^^
    Do It
    Pop The Trunk
    New Car Smell

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Heehee. I just won an auction for <b>Bubble Bobble</b>, and apparently I may be buying <b>Metal Gear</b> off TechKnow.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Heehee. Double posts are funny.
    I picked up <b>Yoshi</b> and <b>Pin-Bot</b> the other day, both complete. I feel accomplished. Retarded, but accomplished.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Alright, double post.

Chrono Trigger - SNES

Wow. Like... nostalgia times 5, plus awesomeness times 10 = 15 times nostawsome-gia. And yes, I know Subliminal owns everybody and their mothers - but my purchases have sentimental value.

Hey! A lot of those games have sentimental value to me! =P I can name at least 60 of them that I used to play as a child and really, really missed. The other ones just happen to be excess, and now I'm collecting games like those to be a collector and make sure that I have the largest collection... IN THE WORLD!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

*coughs* Anyways. Don't make me list the ones that have sentimental value. I'll have to rape you.

Thanks
    EP Points

hrmmmbshermmm... how much is this game collection?

edit: never mind, I've gone on my own retarded eBay spree. Here's an addition to what I've already gotten...
    Stunt Race FX (SNES) - nostalgia... *not actually a great game*
    Are you kidding me Stunt Race FX is an great game...

Picked up a copy of Pilot Wings 64 (Complete) and Quest 64 (Complete) for about 12$ at a Yardsale yesterday..

Thanks

sweeeet.

But I hafta say... Stunt Race FX kinda pissed me off as a kid. I still loved it, but... yeah. BTW, nice catch. Those two games are fun.

edit: and please don't list your sentimental games, Subliminal.
    <center>
    ^^
    Do It
    Pop The Trunk
    New Car Smell

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm going to do it anyways.

1. <b>Adventure Island II</b> -- Used to borrow from my brother's friend all the time. This one as well as number 3.
    2. <b>Batman</b> -- I loved playing this game as a kid. It was one of my favorites, although I could only get to the second boss.
    3. <b>Battletoads</b> -- Would borrow from the same friend as <b>Adventure Island II</b>
    4. <b>Bionic Commando</b> -- I loved these sorts of games. I got into this one when one of my friend's saying it was like <b>Contra</b>
    5. <b>Blaster Master</b> -- Used to rent this game all the time
    6. <b>Bucky O'Hare</b> -- Same as above
    7. <b>Captain Skyhawk</b> -- My dad borrowed this from one of his friends from work and he loved it. I tried it once and immediately got hooked. I think I actually beat it repeatedly when I was a child. I'm having difficulty doing that now.
    8. <b>Castlevania</b> -- I always wanted to try this game but never could because it wasn't available anymore when I got into the series.
    9. <b>Castlevania II</b> -- Same as above, 'cept I managed to rent it once and absolutely loved it. I always wanted to see how far I could get, but never managed to find it again. My parents rented the games back then.
    10. <b>Castlevania III</b> -- I actually owned this one and was always, always playing it. I got to the Grim Reaper almost every time, and it would kill me.
    11. <b>Chip 'n Dale</b> -- I watched this cartoon all the time. When I found out my friend owned the game, I borrowed it almost every other week.
    12. <b>Darkwing Duck</b> -- Same as above, 'cept I rented it all the time isntead.
    13. <b>Dr. Mario</b> -- My mother schooled me in this game so much...
    14. <b>Dragon's Lair</b> -- I owned this one too, and could never get passed the dragon on the very first level.
    15. <b>Duck Tales</b> -- Same as <b>Darkwing Duck</b>
    16. <b>Ghosts 'n Goblins</b> -- I sucked at this game so much. It was so hard, I couldn't get passed the first flying devil. It wasn't for lack of trying, though.
    17. <b>Kid Icarus</b> -- Borrowed from the same friend as <b>Battletoads</b> all the time. Was, and still is, a really hard game.
    18. <b>Kirby's Adventure</b> -- We won this game from Kellogg's for spelling <b>Nintendo</b> with all the pieces in our Rice Krispies box.
    19. <b>MC Kids</b> -- My brother and I loved this game. We actually called it "Mick and Mack McDonald Kids," 'cause that's what we thought it was called.
    20. <b>Mega Man</b> -- I always wanted to, but never managed to, play this game.
    21. <b>Mega Man 2</b> -- Borrowed this one from my friend Curtis all the time
    22. <b>Mega Man 3</b> -- First game in the series I ever played, and the first one I ever beat. My favorite game.
    23. <b>Mega Man 4</b> -- Rented this one a lot. Always got trapped in the snow on the very beginning of Dr. Cossack's fortress and falling into the pit below the ladder. Really pissed me off.
    24. <b>Mega Man 5</b> -- Rented all the time as well. First <b>Mega Man</b> game I could beat all the Robot Masters without any items.
    25. <b>Mega Man 6</b> -- Always wanted to play this one, but it always seemed to be rented.
    26. <b>Metroid</b> -- Borrowed all the time from the same friend as <b>Mega Man 2</b>
    27. <b>NES Open Golf</b> -- My father and I had an accumulative total of 6 hole-in-ones in one tournament on this game.
    28. <b>Ninja Gaiden III</b> -- I have a magazine (still do) with an advertisement for this game in it. I always thought it looked awesome
    29. <b>Pacman</b> -- My mother owned me in this game too
    30. <b>Robocop</b> -- I couldn't beat the first level. Still can't.
    31. <b>Shadow of the Ninja</b> -- I actually remember playing this when I was young. But I never got really hardcore into it until someone hear mentioned it to me.
    32. <b>Spiderman</b> -- I played this one all the time. I could never beat the second level.
    33. <b>Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back</b> -- I loved the <b>Star Wars</b> games when I was a kid. I played all of them on the NES and SNES, but I got really hardcore into this one 'cause it was the only one I could rent at the rental place closest to my house.
    34. <b>Super Mario Bros.</b> -- I watched my mother play all the time. I was no good at it; she could almost beat the game.
    35. <b>Super Mario Bros. 2</b> -- I played this one a lot. I could never get passed the pink thing that shot flames as well as eggs.
    36. <b>Super Mario Bros. 3</b> -- My mother could get to Bowser but never beat him. I couldn't get to Bowser, but I could beat him. Thus, the perfect team.
    37. <b>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles</b> -- Hardest. Game. Ever. I could only occassionally beat the dam part of the game.
    38. <b>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II</b> -- My father and I played this game all the time. It was quite fun.
    39. <b>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III</b> -- My brother and I loved this game. We always cheated to go to the later levels and beat the game. Very, very fun.
    40. <b>Tetris</b> -- My mother pwnzed me at this game too.
    41. <b>Tetris 2</b> -- And this one.
    42. <b>The Legend of Zelda</b> -- I loved this game with a passion, although I sucked at it. I was deathly afraid of Level 8 'cause the monsters scared me so bad. My mother could beat every level 'cept for Level 7 'cause she couldn't figure out how to get to the boss.
    43. <b>The Legend of Zelda II</b> -- This was one of the harder games I played. I loved it with a passion, though, 'cept the battery on my cartridge was dead, so I couldn't save.
    44. <b>Tiger Heli</b> -- I actually first got hooked on this game 'cause it was similar to another top-down plane shooter I played called <b>Raptor</b>.
    45. <b>Twin Eagle</b> -- Same here.
    46. <b>Yoshi</b> -- My mother owned me at this, as well.

Thanks

...your mom rocks. And actually, subliminal, that was awesome. Thank you for posting your sentimental games, even though I'm contradicting myself.

...got Secret of Mana for SNES and FFVII for PSX today, that was fun... also sentimental... FFVII was the first PSX game I ever saw in action, and one of the only ones I saw for about a month's time, other than Xenogears - watched my friend play it numerous times, along with Goldeneye. Those were The Days.
    <center>
    ^^
    Do It
    Pop The Trunk
    New Car Smell

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by Subliminal
    You know what. I'm going to sticky this thread because, well fuck, I love it too much. That and I like bragging about my game purchases. Even though they're pathetic.
    nice, my first thread that was stickied

Thanks

Alright, finally got DKC3. The collection is complete. But wait - what's this?! They're remaking the entire series for Gameboy Advance? Curses, now I have to buy a new system! Oh, but I am content.
    <center>
    ^^
    Do It
    Pop The Trunk
    New Car Smell

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Esememon, by now you should now that Nintendo doesn't remake. They port.

Thanks

In the last few months I've bought a PS2 with five games. I also bought two great PSX games.

1- Final Fantasy X-2
    2- Final Fantasy X
    3- Arc the lad : Twilight fo the Spirits
    4- Xenosaga
    5- Front Mission 4

6- Front Mission 3
    7- Castlevania : Symphony of the Night

It took me about a year to find these last two but it's well worth the effort
    Last edited by Althar; 1st-August-2004 at 18:14.