Page 105 of 488 FirstFirst ... 55595100101102103104105106107108109110115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 7314

Thread: Game Purchases Thread

Thanks

Just bought:

All Baldur's Gate games for PC
    System Shock 2
    And will buy GW: Nightfall very soon
    Like something I've uploaded? Give me rep, then. Don't you just love begging?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I recently bought Tokobot Plus:Mysteries of the Karakuri,Eve of Extinction,and Okage: Shadow King.

Thanks

I bought Final Fantasy XII on Thrusday, and like always when I buy a new RPG, I also bought the complete official strategy guide.

I must say I'm very pleased with the battle system, it feels like I'm playing an online RPG in battle, and a console RPG out of battle (being a big fan of World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XI and other online games, I feel at home with the way battling works.) The downside to this is, the game sometimes acts like an online RPG (outside of the story), requiring you to 'level grind' to strengthen in order for you to have an easier time as you progress through th main story. Even if you don't need to 'grind' for level ups, you will definately need to do so if you ever wish to purchase the very best equipment. Everything in the game is so damn expensive. After an hour of 'grinding' by killing skeletons in the Lhusu Mines, I managed to scrape together 6,000 gil, which wasn't even enough to buy the 'Poach' command I wanted from the Technicks Shop. Whether you find this a good thing or not is completely subjetive, I personally love having to work to get better equipment and magicks, but I could fully understad it pissing somebody else off.

The introduction to the game makes you stare at the TV screen in awe, you are straight away introduced to Invalice (of Vagrant Story), a world in turmoil, a world at war - the Dalmascans on the west, and the Archadians to the east. You quickly discover that the sovereignty of Dalmasca is doomed as Archadians march west with an iron fist, crushing everything in it's path. As the bells of defeat are imminently ringing, the Archadians offer a treaty of peace to Dalmasca... although 'peace' is this case, is a suger-coated expression for bitter truth of 'surrender', as the terms of peace would mean the loss of the Dalmascan King's sovereinty over his own people. With his son killed in battle, and all hope seemingly lost, the King agrees to place his royal signiture upon the treaty.

The whole ordeal was shrouded in dubiousness, why have the Archadians offered peace now? Why has the King of Dalmasca made such haste to agree to such a thing? And most importantly... can the Archadians be trusted...?

Even during these tumultuous times, brave men of valor loyal to the king, Sir Basch fon Ronsenburg of Dalmasca, Vossler York Azelas and Recks set out in hopes of saving the king. But all ends in tragedy, Vossler has vanished, and Recks finds the body of his King murdered, seemingly by Basch, who stabs Recks in the heart. This leaves a lot of questions unanswered, and many more to be asked... The discraged knight Basch fon Ronsenburg is arrested by the Archadians and seemingly put to his death.

After this introduction is over, you begin to play as Vaan, Reck's brother, the protagonist of the game. And he story begins...

So far the story has been fun to follow and inspiring to watch, however in the beggining areas of the game, most of the tasks and quests are tedious and seemingly pointless, quite often you're told to "go and talk to (somone or another) at the other side of the city", although these task are quickly replaced with story-twisting dialog and epic battles in hostile locations. There's also 'The Hunt' side-quest should you get bored. Basically, you have a talk with the leader of the bounty hunter's clan, or look at wanted posters, then after you have accepted the hunt, you venture into the world in search of the monster. There are plently of side-quests to keep you enterained, which is always a good thing.

One think I will say about the story is, Basch doesn't half remind me of Solid Snake...
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks
    EP Points

I just ordered Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner after playing through the ISO.

Thanks

I bought
    Rome: Total War for PC
    FF tactics advance for GBA

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Xena View Post
    wall of text
    I always see people mention that you have to level grind for hours in order to progress. Which is strange, because I never did it, and still had no major problems with battles. Don't ask how. (Not counting some Mark Hunts, which can be pretty tough) Equipments are pretty expensive, though, that's true. But when I didn't have enough money to buy them, I simply didn't care and just went on with the story.

Anyway, recently bought Heavy Metal F.A.K.K.2, Thief 3 and I-War 2.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Xena View Post
    you are straight away introduced to Invalice (of Final Fantasy Tactics)
    Fix'd.

One think I will say about the story is, Basch doesn't half remind me of Solid Snake...
    He was supposed to be?

Uh, maybe it's theme based or something.

The whole
    Spoiler warning:
    Brother being the "bad guy" thing (MGS1-2), being set up for stuff (MGS2), and then there's the fact that you'll probably swap him for vaan at least once. *cough* raiden*cough*

Thanks

Mario Kart I have got it only now could find it in shops ordered online.
    I love tekken.

Thanks
    EP Points

Super Paper Mario.

Awesome game.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Wii Play. I was very lucky to find one in my area
    Me wants some SPM too :/

Thanks

Just bought Kingdom Hearts 2...

Thanks

Oh reallly? Hows it going with the game?

Thanks

Haven't even started it yet.

Thanks

Oh man! If I was you I would get started!

Thanks
    EP Points

I bought Super Paper Mario today. (Dinosaurman would be SO PROUD OF ME)

I also picked up a Sega Saturn with all the cables and one controller for $10.