Page 163 of 488 FirstFirst ... 63113153158159160161162163164165166167168173213263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 7314

Thread: Game Purchases Thread

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Man View Post
    Sprung's console is more likely to blow up btw. What's the failure rate, 27%?
    Yeah, but the only reason why you don't hear reports of the PS3 breaking down like that is because next to nobody owns one, and those who do sell it soon after realizing that they spent big bucks on a box of failure.

Thanks
    EP Points

Less units would mean a higher failure rate reported, and PS3 is catching up on the 360 in sales. So nyahhhh

Plus we have Time Crisis 4

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Man View Post
    Less units would mean a higher failure rate reported, and PS3 is catching up on the 360 in sales. So nyahhhh

Plus we have Time Crisis 4
    It's hard to determine whether or not your system is shoddy when you only own it for like an hour.

Thanks
    EP Points

What's funny is that I couldn't find a used PS3 at the local gamestop or EB games EB and walmart were both sold-out, so nyahhhh again!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    Yeah, but the only reason why you don't hear reports of the PS3 breaking down like that is because next to nobody owns one, and those who do sell it soon after realizing that they spent big bucks on a box of failure.

Thanks

That's why I got rid of my 360 and got a ps3. 360 has no exclusives whatsoever. And the only game I liked really (mass effect) is not only going to pc, but coming to ps3 eventually. Bioshock, gears, and halo are on the PC as well. Those are it's only worthy "exclusives".
    I have a laptop that can run them, why have another system?

I love my ps3. I can do so much more than the limted 360.
    The 360 is a good system. But with all the uncertainity and MS screwing up left and right, the losing format, and no exclusives or much capability, it got old. PS3 is rising fast. I'm anxious to see what happens at the end of this year.
    -= PSN Name is StellarSublime =-

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Eh, I wouldn't talk about Microsoft when Sony has consistently shot themselves in the foot. Every time a rep from Sony opens his mouth, a retard falls out of his ass.

All kidding aside, you sound like someone who just wanted to try something different. Both consoles have their strong points. Really, with third-party exclusives going the way of the dodo, you have to go with the system that offers the more compelling first-party stuff these days.

That said, I do hope that people don't start harping on "the losing format" thing, because it really has no relevance. Maybe had HD-DVD been integrated into the console it'd be an issue, but it wasn't. So all you're losing out on there is an add-on that makes not a lick of difference in the end.

Thanks

I know, but it just goes to show, MS is kind of lagging now, and now they're playing catch up in that essance. They are now trying to figure out a way for blu ray to get in their scene. PS3 has the format, now they can worry about the other shit they need to. It's not a big deal, but it does help.
    Seems all three systems have their problems of course
    (ps3 = lots of delays/broken promises, 360 = MS fucking themselves over/faliure rates/losing exclusive companies and developers, wii = poor game choice/hardware problems)
    They all offer something good and different too. I liked 360 until I started to see their downfall. I'm sure they'll be fine, but the only games I wanted are now on different systems. One I just got, and one I've had for years. No reasons to have it. I hated thinking my system might give out at any time. I also didn't likethe over priced shit and limiations on it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No offense Libra, but much of your reasoning seems like desperate rationalization, like you're having a twinge of buyer's remorse and you're trying to pull together reasons to justify to your mind why your choice was the right one. However, like I said before, to each their own. You like what you like, and really, I don't care why.

Just for the sake of clarification, the Wii was never meant to be powerhouse. It was intended to be an inexpensive console, and a means with which to deliver new gameplay experiences to a broader market than that of your traditional console. It's succeeding perfectly fine with what it set out to do, and the only people who are slamming it for not offering all the new graphical bells and whistles are those who have utterly missed the point of what Nintendo was on about with the Wii.

As far as the library goes, it's all subjective.

Thanks
    EP Points

Picked up SSBB if anyone wants to play

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Borman View Post
    I'll play you i na wwek PM me your smash ID thing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Borman View Post
    I was just playing Dino up until a few minutes ago, but I gotta hit the hay now. I might be up for it tomorrow though.

I totally suck at the game though, so don't expect anything much.

Thanks

No offense Libra, but much of your reasoning seems like desperate rationalization, like you're having a twinge of buyer's remorse and you're trying to pull together reasons to justify to your mind why your choice was the right one. However, like I said before, to each their own. You like what you like, and really, I don't care why.

Just for the sake of clarification, the Wii was never meant to be powerhouse. It was intended to be an inexpensive console, and a means with which to deliver new gameplay experiences to a broader market than that of your traditional console. It's succeeding perfectly fine with what it set out to do, and the only people who are slamming it for not offering all the new graphical bells and whistles are those who have utterly missed the point of what Nintendo was on about with the Wii.

As far as the library goes, it's all subjective.
    Lol no, I'm not regrtetting anything. If I wanted, I could get a 360 whenever. It's just not the system for me, at least right now.
    I pointed out what I thought about it, and that's all there is to it. No need to justify it for myself or anyone. ;]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Libra View Post
    Lol no, I'm not regrtetting anything. If I wanted, I could get a 360 whenever. It's just not the system for me, at least right now.
    I pointed out what I thought about it, and that's all there is to it. No need to justify it for myself or anyone. ;]
    Yeah, good to see that you finally caught up with me. Y'know, that having been my point and all that.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, good to see that you finally caught up with me. Y'know, that having been my point and all that.
    B$, you just hate good consoles, no wonder like the wii
    Last edited by Panda Man; 11th-March-2008 at 17:15.