Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm having a problem with 2 games

Siio Guest

Default I'm having a problem with 2 games

The games are Persona 2: Eternal Punishment and Dargon Warrior 7. When I goto load the games up, in either ePSXe or PSXeven, I get a blank screen and the FPS counter doesn't show up. I know these images are good, because I tested all 3 images after I made them. Also I had a friend of mine make an image of Persona 2 for me, I would have made another one myself but I left my PSx games at home, and it booted fine for him, but once he sent it to me the game wouldn't load.

I've tried a lot of different configs and plugins and so far nothing has worked. I'm hoping that someone here has had the same problem and has found a fix for it.

Thanks

Have you tried Petes plugins?

Siio Guest

Yes. I've tired every GPU/SPU/CD-ROM plugin I could find. I've also tired every vesion of Pete's OGL and D3D plugins I could find also.

Thanks anyways for the help.

Thanks

did you try configuring them?

Siio Guest

Yes. I've tried at least 40 different configs for both the GPU and SPU plugins. Trust me when I say I've tried everything I can think of to get these 2 games running. I've spent at least 2 hours a day, pretty much every day, for the last 2 months trying to get these games running....from using different plugin combos/configs, using google to see if anyone else has encountered this problem, mounting the images with deamon's tools, replacing the system_cnf files from games that will boot. The only thing I haven't done was burn the images back to CD and see if they'll boot...actually I might try that later, after I get somemore CDRs.

Thanks

What are your system specs?

Siio Guest

p4 1.8Ghz
    1.02 Mb RAM 874 Mb free after windows boots
    Gf3 Ti200 running the 30.82 dets (I've tried a bunch of different drivers, but these ones give me the best image quality VS performance)
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
    Windows XP
    DX 9.0b

Thanks

Nothing wrong with your system. Try Petes soft, petes midas, ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core. best setup of all. toggle between the soft video and the other but this is normally the best. Maybe you should try cd input like u said.

Gustave Guest

Try using a different BIOS image maybe? I never had that problem......persona 2 and dw7 work fine on my comp.

Siio Guest

I've only tried 2 different BIOS, 1001 and 7502 (I dumped them myself), but when I get some free time later today I'll look for some different versions. I'll also try the ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core plugin as suggested. Thanks for the help.

im nowhere, but at the same time im everywhere. I am but an enigma in this world
    Thanks

try older versions of bothemus maybe thats the problem.

Thanx a lot to DSerge for this sig.

Thanks

Siio, when you're on ePSXe any version when u try to run the ISO file when it goes blank hit Esc. Now look at that black little box does it say any errors?

Did u accidently unselect auto detect and put the ePSXe to Pal instead? Anyways, see what that black little box says...if it doesn't run it usually shows an error somewhere maybe then someone can help out ^^
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b*tch-slap the f**ker upside the head...

<a href="http://207.44.214.54/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11884&perpage=15&pagenu mber=10">Trade List</a>

Sloppy Guest

For those games I recommend using latest version of ePSXe with the lastest Petes plugins and Eternal SPU sound. Dragon Warrior VII works fine, and im sure Persona will too. Oh yeah.....There is also a special game fix in ePSXe specifically for Dragon Warrior VII in the video configuation menu under "special game fixes". Good Luck.

Siio Guest

try older versions of bothemus maybe thats the problem.
    Oh I've tried that, and nothing worked. Thanks anyways.

Siio, when you're on ePSXe any version when u try to run the ISO file when it goes blank hit Esc. Now look at that black little box does it say any errors?

Did u accidently unselect auto detect and put the ePSXe to Pal instead? Anyways, see what that black little box says...if it doesn't run it usually shows an error somewhere maybe then someone can help out ^^
    ePSXe's debugger doesn't give me any errors, but PSXeven does. With both Persona 2 and Dragon Warrior 7 (both images) it tells me that no psx exe was found and gamecode found: NO_SYSTEM_CNF, then the emulator just gives me a blank screen. I don't know if that's normal or not, I'm not too familer with PSXeven. What's odd tho is it does it with the Persona 2 image my friend sent me, and the image boots fine with ePSXe and PSXeven when he tried it.

ePSXe with the lastest Petes plugins and Eternal SPU sound. Dragon Warrior VII works fine, and im sure Persona will too. Oh yeah.....There is also a special game fix in ePSXe specifically for Dragon Warrior VII in the video configuation menu under "special game fixes". Good Luck.
    Yea I know. I've played Dragon Warrior 7 via emulation many times. Thanks tho.

Edit: oh hehe I meant to post my GPU config I use for general gaming.

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.75
    Author: Pete Bernert
    Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    GFX card: GeForce3/AGP/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
    - 1280x960 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing [32 Bit]
    - Keep psx aspect ratio: on

Textures:
    - B8G8R8A8
    - Filtering: 6
    - Hi-Res textures: 2
    - VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
    - FPS limitation: on
    - Frame skipping: off
    - FPS limit: 61

Compatibility:
    - Offscreen drawing: 3
    - Framebuffer texture: 2
    - Framebuffer access: 3
    - Alpha multipass: on
    - Mask bit: on
    - Advanced blending: on

Misc:
    - Scanlines: off
    - Line mode: off
    - Unfiltered FB: off
    - 15 bit FB: off
    - Dithering: off
    - Screen smoothing: off
    - Screen cushion: off
    - Game fixes: on [00001000]*

*I do turn on the DW7 fix with I try to run it.

Thanks

Perhaps it's not ur fault at all, maybe there's something wrong with the cds itself...or he burnt it incorrectly somehow o.O

check the filesize with ur friend and see if it's the same as the ones u have .... i had a friend who just burned me the image before and for some odd reason the file size was different....hence that's why my copy wasn't working.

Have you tried to copy the image file onto ur hd and play the iso off ur hd...maybe something weird is going on with ur cd-rom configurations with the emulators...it's actually hard to tell what the problem is since....we're not physically there to see what u're seeing >< wish I can be more help ><
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b*tch-slap the f**ker upside the head...

<a href="http://207.44.214.54/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11884&perpage=15&pagenu mber=10">Trade List</a>