Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush's Ban on Gay Marriages

Sticking in the back of some guy named Randy
    Thanks

Default Re: Re: Bush's Ban on Gay Marriages

Originally posted by leatherman
    Well marriages are instituted by the church and it is against the christian law to have "relations" with that of the same sex. Now for civil unions it is up to the government. No one can disagree with me on that because i am right about the facts. So when the church accepts gays then they can get married, not to say that what the church says is always right, but thats what will happen.
    That's originally, Marriage doesn't have to be by "the church" anymore. and also some churches do allow gays, and they still use the term marriage, there are more churches out there than christian ones, you know.
    I am in no way responsible for the above post. It was my hand's fault. Bad hand.
    ---------------------------------------

Thanks

Default Re: Re: Re: Bush's Ban on Gay Marriages

Originally posted by karragh
    That's originally, Marriage doesn't have to be by "the church" anymore. and also some churches do allow gays, and they still use the term marriage, there are more churches out there than christian ones, you know.
    Marriage is institued by the christian church though not the pagan churches. No popular religion accepts homosexuality and since they make up seven percent of the population why is this a huge topic? What if i want to marry three women or a man and a women. Once you take down a barrier in marriage others will fall too. If gay marriages are legal then soon people will be able to marry animals
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Bush's Ban on Gay Marriages

Marriage is institued by the christian church though not the pagan churches. No popular religion accepts homosexuality and since they make up seven percent of the population why is this a huge topic? What if i want to marry three women or a man and a women. Once you take down a barrier in marriage others will fall too. If gay marriages are legal then soon people will be able to marry animals
    That's why I dislike christian mythology it's so full of it self...

Chrisianity is not I repeat not a popular religeon.
    Infact it makes up less than 7% of the population of the earth, since you brought up percentages.
    I believe Budhism accepts Gay's and it's one of the most popular religeon out there, much more so than christianity.
    I am in no way responsible for the above post. It was my hand's fault. Bad hand.

Thanks

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bush's Ban on Gay Marriages

That's why I dislike christian mythology it's so full of it self...

Chrisianity is not I repeat not a popular religeon.
    Infact it makes up less than 7% of the population of the earth, since you brought up percentages.
    I believe Budhism accepts Gay's and it's one of the most popular religeon out there, much more so than christianity.
    Actually christianity is the largest religion on earth. My source is National Geographic, what is yours?
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bush's Ban on Gay Marriages

Actually christianity is the largest religion on earth. My source is National Geographic, what is yours?
    /me laughs
    no it isn't

I can't remember my source but if you can show me that page of national geographic than I will puplicly apolagize to you on this thread.

Thanks

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bush's Ban on Gay Marriages

/me laughs
    no it isn't

I can't remember my source but if you can show me that page of national geographic than I will puplicly apolagize to you on this thread.
    It was on tv, but i found this site to bring you the truth.

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mreligio.html

the truth shall set you free

Thanks

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Bush's Ban on Gay Marriages

Didn't we just cover such an ignorant defense?

-Animals don't give consent like 2 consenting adults
    -Let's go for the original meaning of marriage, like the Greeks for example, when the woman was the man's slave and she would not be allowed to see the light of day.
    -Right now you're talking morman pretty much
    -Romans didn't care about homosexuality whatsoever
    -What about the other religious instituions? They were certainly here much longer than the xian church, say perhaps the Jewish.

Thanks

Thanks

Wow thats a hard hitter leatherman.

Hey wait i thought that you were against gay marriages....leatherman hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks

Originally posted by EGGO

-Let's go for the original meaning of marriage, like the Greeks for example, when the woman was the man's slave and she would not be allowed to see the light of day.
    -What about the other religious instituions? They were certainly here much longer than the xian church, say perhaps the Jewish.
    first of all lets go for the current meaning of marriage. Jews don't believe in homosexuality anyway. And if the church doesn'tstep up then people will start to marry like mormans as well. The walls are crumbling

Also the pagan romans didn't care but when it turned christian it did. But believe me, the church was corrupt then

Thanks

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bush's Ban on Gay Marriages

It was on tv, but i found this site to bring you the truth.

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mreligio.html

the truth shall set you free
    Yay go Athiesm Second place!

Well I'll give you a half way their I'll stop arguing with you for now since you found some evidence their but since it is a web page and you can never trust the internet (hell I could make A nice factual sounding web page that said 100% of the population was athiests) I'll meet you half way, No apolagy but until I find something to prove my point i'll stop arguing your point(That point about percentages by the way, I might Argue other things...)
    Any way I'm signing off now but I'll try and check this thread tomorrow.

Thanks

Originally posted by EGGO

Yeah and the greek men liked little boys and thought it was ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks

All I wanna ask is the people who are against it, why do you hate gay people? It's not like they're doing anything to hurt you. They just want equal rights...which isn't that big of a request.

Thanks

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bush's Ban on Gay Marriages

first of all lets go for the current meaning of marriage. Jews don't believe in homosexuality anyway.
    Well if we go with the current meaning of marriage, why are you wanting to make it the true meaning when the true meaning was what it was then? Why not allow it to now become this meaning?

And if the church doesn'tstep up then people will start to marry like mormans as well.
    People do already

The walls are crumbling
    No, just your arguments

Also the pagan romans didn't care but when it turned christian it did. But believe me, the church was corrupt then
    Nice way of shifting it. See, I said Romans, not Christians. Of course when they turned Christian they thought so, anybody who turns christian I'm sure would do the same. Just the same as Alexander the Great when he went and conquered a lot of countries. He left his culture where he dominated, and you'll see his influence in even Indian art, where they begin to change their art to that of Greek. Again, I'm talking about those who were here longer than Christianity.

Also, nobody ever answered my question:

In Levitticus, where it says gay people are wrong and deserve some sort of punishment, also says that shellfish will not be eaten and people who work on Sundays will be put to death. How do you plead?
    Originally posted by strongbad
    Yeah and the greek men liked little boys and thought it was ok.
    So does Catholic Priests, over 4,593 of em.
    Oh...low blow EGGO

Thanks

Originally posted by Xaenn
    All I wanna ask is the people who are against it, why do you hate gay people? It's not like they're doing anything to hurt you. They just want equal rights...which isn't that big of a request.
    I never said that i hated gays they just shouldn't be allowed to marry since marriage is in the institution of the church. Christians disagree with homosexual marriages so no marriage for them