Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What exactly are the requirements for being a moderator?

Gustave Guest

Default What exactly are the requirements for being a moderator?

I just wanted to know what is required to be a mod so I can try to aspire to it. I am an administrator at chaotic forumz which also uses vb so I know quite a bit about it, and I am also good with php and sql (not really importaint for being a mod). At any rate, I just wanted to know what is needed to be a mod, and the steps I have to take in order to become a mod. I feel like I could be of some use to the forum.

edit: if this is considered to be spam or one of those threads that have been made 100 times, then please delete it, i dont want to be a bad thread maker (again)

Thanks

Well first you have to smell bad, have big ears that stick out, you have to be really angry at everyone and also have one of those "no junk mail" signs on your mail box outside your home, umm oh yeah the most important thing is that you have to have the patience to deal with morons, heehee.
    blingo blango
    I want spamo
    with mayo
    by Anon

Thanks

Originally posted by Stranger
    Well first you have to smell bad, have big ears that stick out, you have to be really angry at everyone and also have one of those "no junk mail" signs on your mail box outside your home, umm oh yeah the most important thing is that you have to have the patience to deal with morons, heehee.
    I'm exactly like that. Me! Me! Me! Me!

IfritRoms.com - Click the banner above!

<a href="http://www.cerberos.web1000.com/games_psx.htm">My PSX List (I dont trade anymore, sorry) </A>

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm sure they will come to you if they think your mod material

Thanks

First of all there must be a need of moderators, which I dont think there is at the moment

If the admins think that EP needs more moderators they will mostly know who fits for that "job", cause they see which members that helps other members and maybe know many things. It's also important that you show much interst in the board and are active of course.
    _______________________________ ____________________

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, i understand u. Forget it. (Not for you, mortal human)

Gustave Guest

Pretty much the standard requirements for any forum, thanks you guys

Thanks

First of all, this is not the right forum.

Seocnd, you need to be dedicated to this forum into to be a mod or admin. You have to be always online, no spam, be very polite to members(except for bad members ) and contribute to the forum. Also you will most likely need to stay on this forum long enough to be consider as a mod.

They are hot, aren't they??

Gustave Guest

Actually...... I didn't really know where to place that one, I just put it in the comments/suggestions/broken links/jobs board since I do feel like I could help EP out. I guess I have to be a bit more selective about where I place my threads.

Thanks

Originally posted by Gustave
    Actually...... I didn't really know where to place that one, I just put it in the comments/suggestions/broken links/jobs board since I do feel like I could help EP out. I guess I have to be a bit more selective about where I place my threads.
    But there are so many groups to place your message. It is somewhat difficult to find exactly the right place.
    Have you seen me before?

Ace Guest

Originally posted by Stranger
    /me accidentally clicks the ban button

Ooooops did I do that?

Anyway, be active, be helpful, and when there's a need for mods you might have a chance

Thanks

Define "active"...
    Does coming once or twice everyday for 30 minutes count as "active"...?

Also, please define "helpful"...
    I don't know if I'm "helpful" to people anymore... What with Del_Boy and Zorlon consolidating their almighty rule over at Everything Emulation...

BTW, what are the prerequisites for Super-Moderator...? Admin...? Just curious... I don't think I'd ever fit those shoes...

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by vagrant
    Define "active"...
    Does coming once or twice everyday for 30 minutes count as "active"...?

Also, please define "helpful"...
    I don't know if I'm "helpful" to people anymore... What with Del_Boy and Zorlon consolidating their almighty rule over at Everything Emulation...

BTW, what are the prerequisites for Super-Moderator...? Admin...? Just curious... I don't think I'd ever fit those shoes...
    You are old enough now Vagrant so it's time I tell you, money can solve all you problems.

Thanks

How come a spammer like crusher gets to be Super Mod...? :wuv:

Thanks

By money, He said it himself
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*