Thread: Gravis PC Game Pad

Thanks

Default Gravis PC Game Pad

i'm having problems with this controller whever i try to use it it it doesn't work it's an snes controller kinda but no start or L R buttons and please don't say get a new one

Thanks

have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

Thanks

i never got drivers with it and i tried driver guide the problem is that it think my joystick is a 4 button game pad but it won't read the gamepad itself

Thanks

The gravis gamepad is a do-it-yourself hardware, with means that you need to go to configuration -> Gamecontrol (spelling is most likely wrong, due to the dutch version of windows) there, you can add your controller.

- Click on Add
    - Add gamepad 2- axis ? buttons (the ? resembles the buttons on your gamepad, looking at the SNES controller without the L/R should be 4)

When you did this correctly, and your gamepad is connected, the window will be something like the attachment. So, the "Status" should be "OK". Now, click on "properties" (once you've selected it) and there will pop-up a new window, with 2 tabs. One with Options (I think, again dutch ) and one with Test.
    Click the Options tab and click on "Calibrate" There you can enter the button thingy's. Press OK when you're done, open your Emulator, and asign the buttons you want to asign to.
    That should cover your problem....I hope

EDIT: Typo's
    Last edited by Nitramuse; 14th-February-2004 at 23:33.
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*

Thanks

still no luck but thanks for telling me it's a do it yourself controller Nitramuse i'll keep trying

Thanks

It's a Gameport controller, right?
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*

Thanks

yah not a usb(thank god)

Thanks

Windows XP? XP had some problems with Gameports.....

Thanks

no i have win2000 sorry for the long response

Thanks

If its the gravis Xterminator then go to gravis.com thats where I get my drivers for my gravis gamepad.

Graphics, and 3D polygons don't make great games, story-lines do!!

Grantu2

Thanks

have you gotten it solved? if not, you will have to download a software driver from gravis. the software will add drivers to the game controller option along with the ability to edit your controllers. i have the exterminator, gamepad pro and the gamepad and you will still have to use the program.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have win2000 and my old gravis pad wouldnt even work after installing the official drivers.
    I use a USB PS2 adapter now anyways.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks

i don't know anything about win2000 because i have never used it. but, when i read the manual, if i remember correctly, you have to install the gravis software in specific way. how do you install it is a good question as i don't have the os to try it to.