Thread: N64 Emu Fans: New Rice Daedalus 5.4.0

Veracity Guest

Default N64 Emu Fans: New Rice Daedalus 5.4.0

For those with high end video cards or ATI cards, the new version fixes most if not all of your problems as well as making games looks incredible. Its a must download.

What's new:

1. A complicated and comprehensive software vertex clipper
    2. DirectX pixel shader 1.1
    3. Better CPU frame buffer support

The software triangle/vertex clipper is a very big deal, together with the existing Force Software T&L feature, it should get rid off almost all the geometry problems for most new video cards (video cards that were working slightly better with Force Software T&L feature on).

Pixel shader feature is another very big deal. Version 1.1 is just enough to support N64 combiners, and is widely supported by any DirectX 8/9 video cards. (See my previous video card poll thread). If your video card is DX8 or DX9 compatible, you will be very happy since almost all combiner problems should be gone.

Dr. Mario, Mario Tennis should working better now, at least these frame buffer effects are finally working on my Radeon 9600 now. (Yes, I have bought a 9600, so I can understand the Radeon problem and program the pixel shader feature.)

Read more about it here:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?threadid=18780

Direct Download

http://www.emutalk.net/attachment.ph...chmentid=13454

Cloud Strife Guest

Thanks for the link.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yep, I've got this one already. It's a definate improvement over all previous released versions. It will only get better for Radeon users from now on now that Rice has finally got a new machine - with a high end Radeon card in it

Thanks

Awsome thx for the heads up

Thanks
    EP Points

Will any Nvidia users benefit from this plugin or would we be better or with Jabos? I have a GeForce FX 5200 incase you forgot.

Thanks
    EP Points

Try it and see.... and yes FX5200 users should see a massive improvement (remember to select pixel shader and software clipping).

Thanks

my laptop has intel "extreme graphics" built-in. it seems to be dx8-compatible though, so i was wondering if i should get this plug-in or stick with jabos? i think that my "card" is technically intel 855GM (not 865GM, which looks much better)

Thanks
    EP Points

Well you won't see the plugin work to it's best abilities but it's worth trying (limited 2/3 stage combiner).

Best thing, just download it and try it out