Thread: cursor problems in Lunar for Sega CD

LLP Guest

Default cursor problems in Lunar for Sega CD

I'm trying to play this on Gens. The controller calibration procedure gave me some trouble, but I finally got my character moving around. The thing is, when I'm at a shop, I can move the cursor to the right, but not to the left. Strange, considering I can move my character around OK. Anyone know if this can be fixed?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This is not something I have seen, but I will atempt to help out if I can.

First I would like to know what type of control pad you are using and details on it aswell, like if it uses dual shock/other or even a link to your pad details.

I'm sure this is a hardware problem instead of a emu probem, but there is always more than one way round these things.

Also making sure you have the latest stable version of Gens may help, the last stable version is 2.11 though there is a newer WIP version you would still be better off using 2.11

Edit:- Make sure Perfect syncro is on in the CPU dropdown (I think you actully need it on anyway for that game so I'm guessing you already know about that)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-February-2004 at 12:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

LLP Guest

Default problem fixed

Thanks for your time, Zorlon, but the problem is fixed now. I reconfigured the joypad; it's twitchy for some reason, which must have messed up my past attempts at configuration. However, on your advice I later turned Perfect Syncro on as well, which was previously unchecked. I presume that will somehow help game performance.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not performance so much as Compatability for CD Games, some games need this to even start running others run fine either way.

Yeah the pad config is a pain sometimes.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR