Thread: I need help with something...

Thanks

Default I need help with something...

can anyone tell me if they have any knowledge of a cdrom drive which reads 122 minute cds, if someone could find this information and tell me the name and the model of the drive I will reward him with a 5 vote.
    Sometimes... life just slaps you right in the face with an anecdote... and once you realize it you don't know if you should laugh or cry...

Thanks

Thats like trying to find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

120+min are dvd's only
    80-90 min cdr's

Graphics, and 3D polygons don't make great games, story-lines do!!

Grantu2

Ace Guest

Originally posted by grantu2
    Thats like trying to find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

120+min are dvd's only
    80-90 min cdr's
    80-99 min cd's actually . I got some 99 minutes laying around here .

Thanks

hmmm it seams that this cdrom can: Artec 54x E Cd540 Retail

found some information on it from an italian site, here's what it said:

I lettori cd rom di marca Artec precisamente i modelli da 50,52,54x. Il 56x nn li legge. Inoltre pare ke il masterizzatore yamaha 2100 possa leggere 122 aggiornando il firmware...se nn lo fate ne legger� solo 85! Un lettore cd LG di cui per� nn ricordo il modello legge quasi 122 minuti, NdDades.

well it's worth a shot...
    Sometimes... life just slaps you right in the face with an anecdote... and once you realize it you don't know if you should laugh or cry...

Thanks

"quasi 122" yeah almost 122 with overburn but your only looking at like 90+min I doubt any cd can go in the 100's. If that where possible then there be some article or alot of people would be talking about it.

And its basically impossible to burn today's cds at more then 52X speeds. Actual 52 speed burners and readers don't even do a constant 52x spin. The reason being is that anything faster then 52x on a cd will actually make it "explode" or shatter, to pieces in your cd-rw drive. They actually did this test on a show called "myth busters" on discovery channel I think. It was pretty fun to see cd's shatter in slow motion.

Graphics, and 3D polygons don't make great games, story-lines do!!

Grantu2

Thanks

yeah but i wasn't talking about burning the cd's to 122 minutes i was talking about READING them... notice the "I lettori cd rom" part... anyway, you're probably wondering why the hell i'm even looking for this type of information, right? Well the thing is that i found some very interesting information on the net about GDs... I'm trying to translate the text documents i've found from Spanish to English and Itallian to English. I'll fill you guys in more when i'm done with these translations...

[EDIT]: Oh and if anyone can help me translate these documents, please do so, cause i only understand a few terms of spanish (me being Portuguese and all) and very very few terms in Itallian, oh and yes i have tried translating these documents to english from altavista and google and the translations come out all wrong... THNXS in advanced!!
    Last edited by StateS; 6th-February-2004 at 11:51.

Thanks

You have been PMd...

Thanks

Ok people it seems that vagrantcharly has done me the favor of translating the doc for me I will be posting the doc up by Monday!!!! I'll give you a little information on the doc, it teaches you how to copy your dreamcast games, how to downsample the video and the audio files and make your own custom logo in the boot sequence of the game!!!! Till then...

Thanks

Glad I could help...?

Thanks

Hell yes I'm glad!!!!!

Thanks

I meant me...

Thanks

HOLY SHI...cow...I just heard it was copying them...but downsizing video and audio and making custom boot screens!! I WANT, I WANT, I WANT, I WANT, I WANT, I WANT, I WANT, I WANT!! I hope it's not too confusing, because if this works right DC isos might become quite a bit more common

Thanks

you can bet on it, hey here's the deal i'm still making the doc cause i got stuck on the downsizing video and audio files, something about the audio not looping, but i found a solution, the only thing i need now to finish the doc is info on downsampling wav files to decrease the size but not the duration of the music (i put it to a lower sample rate and it cuts my song duration in half, the song sounds like it was played by the chipmunks or something) can anyone help me out a bit PLEASE!!!
    Last edited by StateS; 17th-February-2004 at 09:38.