Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with FF8?

timeblade0 Guest

Default Whats wrong with FF8?

Why is it that very few people don't like final fantasy 8? As soon as I played the game I was hooked for life. It has a very cool battle system, probly the best music on PS1, the best gfx for PS1, more movies than most other games, and a very good story. So why don't many people like it?

Thanks

Default Re: Whats wrong with FF8?

Originally posted by timeblade0
    Why is it that very few people don't like final fantasy 8? As soon as I played the game I was hooked for life. It has a very cool battle system, probly the best music on PS1, the best gfx for PS1, more movies than most other games, and a very good story. So why don't many people like it?
    there are many people that like it.
    But there are also many that don't like it.
    Many doesn't like it because of the junction system...

personally I love the game.

Thanks
    EP Points

The story wasnt that great, and thats what i like most bout any game, if it doesnt have a great story then its not good(my opinion). But i still played through it just to say i beat the game.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

I love the junction system. It's very original and well-thought. But the atmosphere of FFVIII doesn't feel like a FF, in my opinion.

timeblade0 Guest

FF8 was the first FF I played, so I didn't know what FF felt like. Now that I have played almost every FF game, I know what the others are like. Although FF8 doesn't feel like other FF games at all, FF8 is still my 2nd best, to FFT.

Thanks

I dont think that it was the fact that FFVIII was bad as such, its just that it was released in the fanatical wake of its predecessor. It would take a very special game indeed to live up to the precedent that FFVII set, and whilst VIII was good, it just wasnt that special game. For me, pretty much every Final Fantasy game has been a dissapointment in this respect, bar the ninth installment and the 11th, as I havent played it. Basically, FFVII set the benchmark for storytelling and atmosphere in an RPG that, to date, Square just cannot achieve better, not in my eyes at any rate.
    Touch my twat.

Thanks
    EP Points

I too think that juction system is pretty interristing.
    It could take me a whole day to experiment with it!
    (AAhh, that were beautiful days...)
    And story is great too! Maybe i said it because i just love LOVE
    stories...

Anyway, dont mention those who dont like FF8.
    They dont worth it

Sticking in the back of some guy named Randy
    Thanks

Default Re: Whats wrong with FF8?

Originally posted by timeblade0
    more movies than most other games,
    Since when has that been a good thing? thats my main problem with the recent Final Fantasy Games (by recent I meen 7 onward) too many movies.
    so why would FFVIII Having more movies than other PS1 games be good.

Originally posted by Golgo 13
    I dont think that it was the fact that FFVIII was bad as such, its just that it was released in the fanatical wake of its predecessor. It would take a very special game indeed to live up to the precedent that FFVII set, and whilst VIII was good, it just wasnt that special game. For me, pretty much every Final Fantasy game has been a dissapointment in this respect, bar the ninth installment and the 11th, as I havent played it. Basically, FFVII set the benchmark for storytelling and atmosphere in an RPG that, to date, Square just cannot achieve better, not in my eyes at any rate.
    In my opinion even FinalFantasyVII didn't live up to FinalFantasy VI.
    A not very popular opinion I know, but I stand by it.
    Last edited by karragh; 4th-February-2004 at 00:47.
    I am in no way responsible for the above post. It was my hand's fault. Bad hand.
    ---------------------------------------

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Re: Re: Whats wrong with FF8?

Originally posted by karragh
    Since when has that been a good thing? thats my main problem with the recent Final Fantasy Games (by recent I meen 7 onward) too many movies.
    so why would FFVIII Having more movies than other PS1 games be good.
    well basically the movies due tell some of the story, without movies then i bet the story would be kinda weird if u just read the whole damn time and not watch anything. I think the movies have made a great impression on the FF games, and made them better than ever.

Thanks

Default Re: Re: Re: Whats wrong with FF8?

Originally posted by soldier
    well basically the movies due tell some of the story, without movies then i bet the story would be kinda weird if u just read the whole damn time and not watch anything. I think the movies have made a great impression on the FF games, and made them better than ever.
    Depends on the moderation.
    You ever played Final Fantasy 10?
    You remember the Boss yunelesca?
    You remember the 15 minute cinamatic that you would have to watch every single time before you fought her?
    I am in no way responsible for the above post. It was my hand's fault. Bad hand.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I like Final Fantasy VIII... dunno why, though. I've played almost all of them, yet Final Fantasy I & VIII were the only ones I could ever really get into.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Whats wrong with FF8?

Originally posted by karragh
    Depends on the moderation.
    You ever played Final Fantasy 10?
    You remember the Boss yunelesca?
    You remember the 15 minute cinamatic that you would have to watch every single time before you fought her?
    Yes i remeber her and the Ccinematic i had to watch, but thats part of the story, u would have to watch it again and again every time u wanted to beat the game again so its no different.

Thanks

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Whats wrong with FF8?

Yes i remeber her and the Ccinematic i had to watch, but thats part of the story, u would have to watch it again and again every time u wanted to beat the game again so its no different.
    Yah but she isn't the easiest boss so say it takes you three tries to beat her you have to watch the cinimatic for a total of 45 minutes.
    Say your bad at the game or didn't level enoguh and it takes you 6 tries, no we are getting into movie length of watching the same 15 minutes again and again....

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok but most good RPGers have 2 saves of the same game, one before the battle starts(like the ones u cant return to the world map to lvl) and one from the world map when ur about to enter a city/town/big battle.

Thanks

Ok but most good RPGers have 2 saves of the same game, one before the battle starts(like the ones u cant return to the world map to lvl) and one from the world map when ur about to enter a city/town/big battle.
    Unfortunatly Final Fantasy X was not on of those games with that key word, good. They really didn't think enough about where they put their save points.

As for the Movies In Final Fantasy VIII they were all really short and had little or no words so they seemed kind of pointless to me.
    And I've already made my complaint about the opening movie in Final Fantasy VIII spoiling plot(in other threads) so I won't make it again unless someone actually asks me to.