Thread: Ps2 Mod Chip suggestions

Thanks

Default Ps2 Mod Chip suggestions

I think this is the place to post this but im thinking about getting a mod chip for ps2 but i dont really want to open up my ps2 and solder 22 wires for it. Is it that hard to install. could i rent a game at rental store and make a backup on dvd of ps2 game. also if any one has one let me know which ones the best. also can the ps2 mod play psx isos (img, bins and such). Thanks
    [

Thanks

i just order the usb mod from modchipstore.com and i'm hoping it works well enough to play my psx backups...and it's only 1 wire to solder so it shouldn't be that big a deal...make sure you check the version of your ps2 though since the usb mod only works on versions 1-4.
    <a href="http://www.geocities.com/bctbasser/yumero.html">My Trading List</a>
    -- System Specs --
    Windows XP Home
    Intel Pentium 4/3.0Ghz
    128Mbs ATI Radeon Mobility 9700
    80 gig hard drive
    1 gig DDR RAM

Thanks
    EP Points

You could also get someone to install a modchip for you for about $50. If you get a Messiah V chip ( I think that is what its called) You can boot any PS2 and PSX game you throw at it.

Thanks

Just play it safe and get Messiah 2. I've yet to find something it can't do.

Thanks

Originally posted by knowitman
    You could also get someone to install a modchip for you for about $50. If you get a Messiah V chip ( I think that is what its called) You can boot any PS2 and PSX game you throw at it.
    Its Magic V and NOT Messiah V. The latest Messiah is Messiah 2 modchip.

Which version is your PS2. Tell me the SCPH number. I recently bought a version 9 ps2 premodded with Magic V. The details are given in my sig.

Messiah 2 Pro is one of the best modchip out there for the PS2.

You might also wanna check out the DMS3.....They say, its giving Messiah 2 a pretty good competition....

It's basicly the same thing as Messiah2 but you get region free DVD and possibility to boot homebrew software like "PGEN" and "SNES station" and some HDD software that makes you run stuff off of an official sony HDD.

Magic V is also really very good. Its a slightly cheaper option but its equally reliable just like Messiah 2 or DMS3. Trust me, I got one. These three modchips are the best and won't let you down.

With a modchip on board your ps2, you can boot up PS2 realityplayer for Divx movies and mp3s.

It all depends on what you want, DMS3 is a little bit more expensive then Messiah2 but it has extra feutures.

For all the latest news of the modchip world and to know whats hot and whats not just go here.....

http://www.ps2newz.net/

Just check out charlie_ps2, Lod, astina and Relayer's reviews about different modchips....They are the best people out there who know a great deal about modchips....

Okay, one more important thing...You MIGHT be denied access to some parts of the forum until and unless you SIGN up with them and LOG IN.

Trust me, its the best site out there for modchips.

Hope this helps.

Bye for now....

Edit: I don't know much about no solder chips. I don't think they are as reliable as internal modchips but I don't like them. I think you still have to swap disks with a gameshark or something like that with a no solder chip.

Just take my example, it has been more than FOUR months since I bought my premod and nothing has gone wrong up till now (touchwood). That baby plays each and everything I throw at it, DVD9, DVD-R, CD-R, PSone discs, gameshark, codebreaker, etc, etc.

As far as my suggestion goes, I would still recomend you to get an internal modchip like Messiah 2 pro or a Magic V (if you need a little cheaper solution) and get a PROFESSIONAL MODDER in your area to mod it for you at some minimal cost. Trust me, you won't regret it.
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 23rd-January-2004 at 06:53.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

Thanks alot for all the info and i decided to go with Official Magic V seems pretty good that or messhia 2. Ive heard some where Oline games like socom can detect modchips is this true so if i make a backup of that game it wont affect anything? I know my verison of my ps2. thanks again
    [