Thread: Ratchet and Clank

Thanks

Default Ratchet and Clank

It was one boring saturday so I thought I would go play a PS2 game. But after searching through all my games I found nothing I felt like playing so I had a look in my little brothers stash and found Ratchet and Clank. Now I had seen my brother playing the game numerous times and I hadn't really showed much interest in it. I figured I might as well try it so I fetched a pepsi and sat my self down on the couch for a quite enjoyable play. Ratchet and Clank is by far the best game I've seen for a while and I passed my brothers 48 hour save in 7 hours ^^. This is almost as suprising as when I took a short liking to my sisters copy of Britney Spears: Dance Beat... I'm stilling playing Ratchet and Clank and I will buy the sequel asap.

Thanks

Yes it is. Also the sequel to it is Ratchet and Clank Going Commando (American) or Ratchet and Clank Locked and Loaded (European) is also good.

Also, I would recommend you to get hold of Jak II Renegade. That by far is one of the best exclusive games on PS2. I have it and beaten that game twice (100+ hours) but still can't get fed up of this one. Rent it if you wanna know how good it is. Its definitely worth your money.

Edit: The thing I liked the most about Jak II is changing into a dark eco monster at the press of a button and beating the crap out of each and everyone near you. Daxter is too good in his conversations. The voice characterization is excellent.
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 21st-January-2004 at 10:05.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Isk Guest

R&C is a jewel in the rough, mos def. I got it for Christmas and was pleasantly surprised as well. Feels kinda like what Blasto should've been.

Thanks

mos def..? i was under the impression that i was the only one that used that expression.. yeah and there's a rapper by that name as well..
    anyway..
    i haven't played R&C yet, but from the looks of it, it might be well worth it.. i played a demo of R&C: Going Commando at the local wal-mart and was pretty shocked to see how good it really was.. think it'll be coming home for a while soon..

Thanks
    EP Points

It is indeed an awesome game. My friend and I had great fun playing through the demo last time I was at his house. Easily one of the best games on PS2...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ratchet and Clank is great. It took me until the Greatest Hits version came out at $20 in order for me to give it a try, but once I did, I was simply hooked. It's a fun game from start to finish, and comes highly recommended to anyone who enjoys a good platformer.

Thanks

It's only 10 dollars here :/

I'll buy it someday , may pick up the sequel too.

Thanks

It's ace. It's ace, ace ace. I borrowed it off a friend, and it's ultra max fun, until you have to go money scavenging for that new weapon...BUT UNTIL THEN IT'S ACE, AND AFTER THEN IT'S ACE.
    To ravihpa, Jak 2 was a GTA 3 clone...I HEAVILY recommend Jak and Daxter 1 though, as it is as good, if not better, than R&C.

Thanks

Originally posted by Toto
    To ravihpa, Jak 2 was a GTA 3 clone...I HEAVILY recommend Jak and Daxter 1 though, as it is as good, if not better, than R&C.
    It is much much much better than GTA3 with all the cool theme and voice characterization and all. I especially like the idea of turning into a monster and beating the crap out of my enemy. I also liked the idea of changing into a monster and then transforming into a GIANT and beating the crap out of everyone.

GTA3 is more life like situation. Jak II is of some planet that we don't know, time travelling stuff, with some wiked looking long eared people and hovercrafts and spaceships, and what not. Killing "Metal Heads", the Precursor Orbs, the Baron, etc, etc. I mean to say that everything is of a different world. Not from real life. Like a fairy tale or a fantasy or something.

I really liked that game. Worth each and every single penny. But hey thats my opinion.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

One of my favourite parts of Ratchet and Clank is when you meet Quark while he is working for Gadgetron under the name 'Steve'. Thats what I like about Ratchet and Clank, its funny whilst remaining original and not lame (no one liners...or atleast not many).

Thanks

Jak and Daxter is the king of humour. The 2nd more than the first, though.
    A great way to judge games: Does the sidekick break it down when you get a collectable item.
    In the case of Jak and Daxter, yes. Yes Daxter does.

Thanks

Ratchet and Clank has an awesome soundtrack. Luckily someone ripped it because I don't think an official one was released (I hate it when companies can't be stuffed releasing decent soundtracks eg Lost Kingdoms, Rayman, Dragon Valor). My favourite track at the moment is the music for Gemlik Base.

Gazunga Guest

i thought the first r&c was kind of campy bu stillfun to play.....but the 2nd one is way better and doesnt have as much corny dialogue

Thanks

Originally posted by Vanit
    Ratchet and Clank has an awesome soundtrack. Luckily someone ripped it because I don't think an official one was released (I hate it when companies can't be stuffed releasing decent soundtracks eg Lost Kingdoms, Rayman, Dragon Valor). My favourite track at the moment is the music for Gemlik Base.
    My favourite music tis Outpost Arridia, when your finding Skids agent, where all the flamethrower robots are.