Thread: USB Harddrive low-level format

Thanks
    EP Points

Default USB Harddrive low-level format

Anyone know a good FREE low-level format tool that can support USB harddrives. I know all risks invovled with low-level formatting but its the onyl choice I've got left to recover my hardrive.....

Ace Guest

Checked the site of the manufacturer? Some of them have free low-level formatting tools.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hzmm......got a low-level format tool from Maxotr (PowerMax), haven''t tested it yet, but it does require to be run at boot-time, so I'm not sure it'll work.....

Ace Guest

Originally posted by torpedo009
    Hzmm......got a low-level format tool from Maxotr (PowerMax), haven''t tested it yet, but it does require to be run at boot-time, so I'm not sure it'll work.....
    Boot time means that you insert the floppy, and let i t run from that instead of the normal OS. So should work no matter how badly your HD screwed.