Thread: problem with .cue in the cc disk 2 psx iso

Ashwinpower Guest

Unhappy problem with .cue in the cc disk 2 psx iso

I downloaded the 8 part chrono cross disk 2 from emuparadise, and i found out that the .cue file is screwed up. cause of that file the whole iso pretty damn useless. Can anyone please send me the working cue file or have any alternative. i really want to play the game. Please help..

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PSX games are burned in Mode 2, and at no faster then 2x, unless you want the FMV and music to skip. It's a simple matter of opening your burning prog and setting it to burn the image at Mode 2 at 2x. At any rate, check this thread for more in depth information as to how to burn your iso's. Bottom line though? You don't need .cue files, and not having them doesn't make your iso worthless.

Ashwinpower Guest

All that is fine and dandy, but when i try to burn the
    iso ( it's not actually in iso format, it is .cue and a .bin file) only the cue file is the one i can choose to burn from, whereas it is the bin file which is like 500mb + and has all the data. Plus when i click on the .cue for burning it says " line 1 alocation error"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Look, you need to choose to burn the IMAGE. Meaning that rather then selecting the .cue, you simply select the .bin. If the program doesn't show the .bin, then you simply select to view all files, then click on the image. Then before you burn, you'll be prompted to choose what mode to burn it in, and at what speed. Choose Mode 2, at 2x. It's that easy.

At any rate, as I said, please direct your questions to the link I've provided. It's likely that your question has already been answered, and if not, that's the place to get it answered.

Ashwinpower Guest

Thanks a lot cyberxion, it worked like a charm. Sorry for taking up your time. I promise this is my last post on this thread. Thanks again

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hey, no problem. I'm glad to have helped man. Enjoy your game!

Thanks

Of Course , another method would be to extract the bin with ISObuster , but i wont go getting into that

Thanks

For future information though, many burning programs use the cue sheets to get information about the ISO before burning it. So they load only the cue sheets by default. They'll burn the ISO automatically. The Line 1 Allocation error probably meant that the cue sheet was scripted weirdly. Just open it up in notepad and change the file path to match where the ISO is actually located.

Thanks
    EP Points

That info is all fine and good.. but personaly I dont trust homemade cue files or non cue burning methods. So therefore here the file is for you or anyone who wants it. Its 224 bytes in a rar archive.... who the hell is so stingy they dont want to post an 224 byte file!!

thats also easyer than giving weird advice
    Attached Files Attached Files

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Right, go ahead and foist your hang-ups on everyone else, despite the fact that his question was long since answered, and my advice worked perfectly fine for him.
    Weird advice? Everything said thus far before your pretentious post was perfectly good and reasonable advice, and it stands for anyone to see should they run into this problem themselves in the future. The methods given may not be satisfactory to you, but they are viable alternatives to using a .cue, or in the case of Zero_Chance's post, a method of fixing an errant .cue sheet.
    At any rate, as stated, his problem was already solved and your smarmy little post wasn't needed. You seem to act as if everyone posting before you was giving pointless advice, when it really stands that that advice had already solved his problem...

Thanks

We should document Cyberxion's advice.

Thanks
    EP Points

well Im sorry for trying to give a working .cue file.

meh...

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's not that I have a problem with. It's that you insinuated that your solution was ideal, as opposed to, and I quote "giving weird advice". You made it sound as if we were all full of hot air, and you were the only one who'd offered a viable solution. Which came off as a bit pretentious to me, given that my advice had already long since solved his problem for him.
    I appriciate that you posted a .cue file for him, though he didn't need it. But perhaps in the future you can keep your snide remarks to yourself when you offer your help. Thanks Norgus.