Thread: Need help setting up anti-leech program

Ecocide Guest

Unhappy Need help setting up anti-leech program

Hello, can someone help me install the anti-leech program to my web host. It says "Create directory public (with any name which you like) outside a Document Root of your server or virtual host". Does this mean create it inside of the public_html folder or outside of it? Also, it says "Create directory private (with any name which you like) inside a Document Root of your server or virtual host". Where does this one go? Thanks!

Thanks
    EP Points

For the first one it goes in the public_html directory, the second goes there too but you must make it private, don't know how though, presumably through .htaccess...

Trogdor20x36 Guest

thats just WAY too hella-complicated. Go to http://www.anti-leech.com/. There are a ton of things that you can do for free that protect from leeching. Ex, one of the things is to protect ur HTML code. Another is protecting links, protecting files, protecting email addresses, and more.

Ecocide Guest

Originally posted by Trogdor20x36
    thats just WAY too hella-complicated. Go to http://www.anti-leech.com/. There are a ton of things that you can do for free that protect from leeching. Ex, one of the things is to protect ur HTML code. Another is protecting links, protecting files, protecting email addresses, and more.

Lol I am using the files from anti-leech.com but I just need help installing them to my web host. Thanks anyways...

avtor Guest

no nothing like that.

If your webhost is using cpanel x, all you have to do is look for the protected files options, enter the urls you are allow to leech the files, then enter the file extensions that you want to allow...

and that is it !