Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ps2 mod chips

Thanks

Default ps2 mod chips

hey i'm looking to buy a mod chip for my ps2 so i can play my psx isos on it, any suggestions on what i should get? i want something easy to install and kind of cheap.
    <a href="http://www.geocities.com/bctbasser/yumero.html">My Trading List</a>
    -- System Specs --
    Windows XP Home
    Intel Pentium 4/3.0Ghz
    128Mbs ATI Radeon Mobility 9700
    80 gig hard drive
    1 gig DDR RAM

Thanks

Which version is your PS2. Tell me the SCPH number. I recently bought a version 9 ps2 premodded. The details are given in my sig.

Messiah 2 Pro is one of the best modchip out there for the PS2.

You might also wanna check out the DMS3.....They say, its giving Messiah 2 a pretty good competition....

It's basicly the same thing as Messiah2 but you get region free DVD and possibility to boot homebrew software like "PGEN" and some HDD software that makes you run stuff off of an official sony HDD.

With a modchip on board your ps2, you can boot up PS2 realityplayer for Divx movies and mp3s.

It all depends on what you want, DMS3 is a little bit more expensive then Messiah2 but it has extra feutures.

For all the latest news of the modchip world and to know whats hot and whats not just go here.....

http://www.ps2newz.net/

Just check out charlie_ps2, Lod, astina and Relayer's reviews about different modchips....They are the best people out there who know a great deal about modchips....

Okay, one more important thing...You MIGHT be denied access to some parts of the forum until and unless you SIGN up with them and LOG IN.

Trust me, its the best site out there for modchips.

Hope this helps.

Bye for now....
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 9th-January-2004 at 06:35.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Great site!
    I'll give you a 5 vote.

Thanks

are there any chips that i don't need to solder the wires to? i saw on a different site that there are cd's you can get which basically do the same thing, and there are other chips that you plug wires into.
    -- System Specs --
    Windows XP Home
    Intel Pentium 4/3.0Ghz
    80 gig hard drive
    1 gig DDR RAM

Thanks

There are , such as the S-Box , retailing for around �2.99 (GBP) from sites that can be found on google. but it is an ass having to swap disks every time you want to play something , and they dont even play DVD-R's , therefore you can only play bad quality ripped games. i would recommend getting a premodded machine.

@ Ravipah ; The v9 Boards are very prone to going wrong , be sure to keep a close eye on your machine , if it shows the first sign of going wrong , try and investigate.

Thanks

the problem with getting a premodded machine is it costs more and i don't have very much money.

and i assume you are talking about the disks, i don't mind changing discs, i do it with my codebreaker all the time. and you say it wont play dvd-r, but it should play cd-r right? and thats what i can burn my iso's on.

all i'm really looking for is something that i can install easily so i don't screw up my machine trying to install the chip (i.e. me wanting a chip i don't have to solder).
    -- System Specs --
    Windows XP Home
    Intel Pentium 4/3.0Ghz
    80 gig hard drive
    1 gig DDR RAM

Thanks

Originally posted by Yumero
    the problem with getting a premodded machine is it costs more and i don't have very much money.

and i assume you are talking about the disks, i don't mind changing discs, i do it with my codebreaker all the time. and you say it wont play dvd-r, but it should play cd-r right? and thats what i can burn my iso's on.

all i'm really looking for is something that i can install easily so i don't screw up my machine trying to install the chip (i.e. me wanting a chip i don't have to solder).
    I don't know much about no solder chips but if you make a thread with the same question on the site I just gave you above, you would get a lot of replies from many people who are Professional modders and know a great deal about modchips and all that stuff like whats good and whats not. What are the pros and cons of a no solder chip. Whats the price and if you are really interested in a no solder chip they might recommend you some no solder chip that is best for you and your machine.

As far as my suggestion goes, I would still recomend you to get an internal modchip like Messiah 2 pro or a Magic V (if you need a little cheaper solution) and get a PROFESSIONAL MODDER in your area to mod it for you at some minimal cost. Trust me, you won't regret it.

Originally posted by Georgyw5k
    @ Ravipah ; The v9 Boards are very prone to going wrong , be sure to keep a close eye on your machine , if it shows the first sign of going wrong , try and investigate.
    Hey Thanx for your concern buddy but it has been more than THREE months since I bought my premod and nothing has gone wrong up till now (touchwood). That baby plays each and everything I throw at it, DVD9, DVD-R, CD-R, PSone discs, gameshark, codebreaker, etc, etc. All am having are Hong Kong Silver DVDs. They are the exact copies of the originals which I BOUGHT over here at local markets in my area. I got more than 90 ps2 games and I bet you will drool if I show you the list.
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 9th-January-2004 at 20:54.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

but it should play cd-r right? and thats what i can burn my iso's on.
    Almost every single PS2 game is on a DVD. That means they are larger then the 700 mb for a CD-R. Many of them are 1+ gigs. Final Fantasy X is over 4 gigs. The only way to burn these is to rip ALL the MUSIC and VIDEOS out of the game. This sometime still won't make the game under 700 mb, and it also takes a lot of fun out of the games. You don't notice the music in games until it isn't there. The videos also will reveal something that can turn the entire story around in the game like in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

Thanks

hey thanks a lot for the replies guys, it's really appreciated...i'll check out that sit and see if i can get some info.
    -- System Specs --
    Windows XP Home
    Intel Pentium 4/3.0Ghz
    80 gig hard drive
    1 gig DDR RAM

Thanks

Originally posted by knowitman
    Almost every single PS2 game is on a DVD. That means they are larger then the 700 mb for a CD-R. Many of them are 1+ gigs. Final Fantasy X is over 4 gigs. The only way to burn these is to rip ALL the MUSIC and VIDEOS out of the game. This sometime still won't make the game under 700 mb, and it also takes a lot of fun out of the games. You don't notice the music in games until it isn't there. The videos also will reveal something that can turn the entire story around in the game like in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.
    EXACTLY. Hey, whats a game without movies and music and sounds. I think it would be crap. Just like knowitman said, like in Prince of Persia The Sands of Time (I have it). It would be like mindlessly runing around here and there and doesn't even knowing what is going on and what you are supposed to do.

Edit: Knowitman Thanx for the vote buddy.

woodro Guest

http://www.modchipstore.com/customer...b033e8c75e4b47

go here there have a external mod chip

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey ravihpa. Do you know the difference between the Official Magic V and Official Magic 3.1 modchips? I'm pretty sure I have a version 5 PS2 so I was wondering which would be the best to get. I would also like to know if it would boot DVD+Rs. It doesn't really matter because I have one computer with a DVD+R burner (my main one), and I have another computer with a DVD-R burner.

Thanks

Originally posted by knowitman
    Hey ravihpa. Do you know the difference between the Official Magic V and Official Magic 3.1 modchips? I'm pretty sure I have a version 5 PS2 so I was wondering which would be the best to get. I would also like to know if it would boot DVD+Rs. It doesn't really matter because I have one computer with a DVD+R burner (my main one), and I have another computer with a DVD-R burner.
    I would recommend you to go with the official Magic V modchip. That one is much better than the official Magic 3.5. Also, I have heard that Magic 3.5 is giving people problems after some months of installation. Make a search with the term "magic 3.5" at the website I stated above and you will see many threads with people crying about their magic 3.5 not working and all that stuff. Besides, I have heard that is also having problems with DVDR. Also the magic 3.5 code has been released so there are many many people who are flashing that code to a scenix chip and selling them as a magic 3.5. Anyways, its kinda worthless too. I have heard that its got some problem with some games like Splinter Cell, Max Payne, etc who have got extra mod protection and keeps checking whether the disc is original or not. I don't think Max Payne would even boot up on a magic 3.5. Splinter Cell will reboot while saving to the memory card.

There are some good improvements in Magic V.

Check out this review of Magic V on a NTSC v5 PS2.

http://www.ps2newz.net/reviews.php?o...ticle&artid=24

I hope that it helps you out. I would personally recommend you to go with an official and REAL Magic V. Make sure that you get the REAL Magic V and NOT A CLONE.

Bye for now.

Thanks

yes , cloning is a big problem with the Magic range of chips - i would recommend to anyone considering using their modded ps2 as a VCD/MP3 player to , to get a chip such as the Ripper 2 which does not require any extra software to play them. personally knowitman , i would have a look round mate , because obviously the benefits are great

Thanks

I feel sorry for all you people have to rely on websites to get your modchip stuff. I just have a few local shops that import the chips and sell heaps of accessories.