Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Are TV and Movies Lossing Their Touch?

Trogdor20x36 Guest

Originally posted by Ru
    3. I dunno what the heck Underworld is, but if you show me a trailer/promotional thingie, I'll know if it's good or just CARP, like ID4... XD
    /me shits his pants...
    http://www.sonypictures.com/previews...pr1028065.html theres ur trailer. I, personally, found Underworld as awesome. It was very nice.. and there was lots of action. Then again, everyone has their own opinions. Oh, watch the damn movie before anyone trashes it. I hate when people go "that movie just looks stupid". The commercials aren't always good representations of the movie..

Thanks

yeah, I think that chick is hot! especially in action..

Thanks

i hate going to the theater nowadays. none of the movies are good. its all about sex and action and laughing. everyone movie has to have someone kissing a lot or someone get hurt.

get on your bikes and ride!

Thanks

Yes. I believe movies and TV are losing their touch. There are very few television shows I enjoy watching nowadays. The Simpsons, Sienfeld, Adult Swim, occasionally Toonami, and Rurouni Kenshin. I used to like TV better when they had cartoons for NES games.

IceBlasphemy Guest

I never really liked TV all that much. I would have it on in the background while i'm on the computer. Now that it's gone, though, I find it to be a little less enjoyable in my room. True, though, that TV is becombing incredibly stupid now. I mean, who's actually excited about Survivor now? Hmm, let's see... nobody. Except, of course, for the people on the show. All I liked to watch, really, was CourtTV, Food network, SpikeTV, and CNN Headline News. I used to love Rocko's Modern Life, too. My favorite cartoon of all time. 80's and early 90's sitcoms were great too. I loved watching the Cosby Show, Three's Company, and Cheers. Oh, and Jerry Springer is a very funny and pointless show to watch if there's nothing else on. Who wouldn't like to see families being torn apart? Besides that, though, nothing is really good on TV anymore. It's all reduced to trash now. Ugh.

Sticking in the back of some guy named Randy
    Thanks

Theres alot i need to respond too here lets see

First of all people here seem to be incredibly prejudice about reality tv. well I will concede most reality is shit, there is the occasional good show, so saying 'reality tv sucks' is being fairly narrow minded.
    And also alot of people don't realize this but in some ways alot of game shows are like reality tv, but I dont here you condeming those.
    (on an off topic note i miss "Let's Make a Deal")

Originally posted by IceBlasphemy
    TV is becombing incredibly stupid now. I mean, who's actually excited about Survivor now?
    ....me
    Survivor can be quite entertaining.(whether or not you think it's real) Strategy and decieving and all.
    I've watched Every Survivor series.(all 7 since someone wasn't sure how many there were) And hope to someday go on the show. I even have a poster of the original survivor symbol complete with the 'OutWit OutPlay OutLast' slogan.

If you have digital Cable you can get a channel called 'Dejaview' that has alot of old shows from the good old days. I watch the
    ' A Team' quite a bit on it. I forget what channel name but its channel 62 up where i live that you can watch the original 'Odd Couple' series every weekend.

I don't go to the movies anymore, it's just a waste of time. I wait till the movie is out on vhs/dvd and just rent it for 2 dollars.

I hope i didn't forget something.
    I am in no way responsible for the above post. It was my hand's fault. Bad hand.
    ---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by karragh
    First of all people here seem to be incredibly prejudice about reality tv. well I will concede most reality is shit, there is the occasional good show, so saying 'reality tv sucks' is being fairly narrow minded.
    And also alot of people don't realize this but in some ways alot of game shows are like reality tv, but I dont here you condeming those.
    I just hate reality TV in general as it is completely devoid of any real point other than as a competition so that one average person can win lots of money for being better than other people. If you wanna do that, here's an idea: apply yourself and get a great career!

Game shows aren't that much better. The only one I really like is The Price is Right. Bob Barker ****ing rules! Beat The Geeks isn't that bad either, but that's only because I like seeing how well I compare with some of these people. Mostly, they kick my ass.

Sanitarium Guest

Most of the programs in TV are (At least here in Finland) reality shows and other bulls... Don't really watch TV so much anymore.. Better to watch a movie

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've only started watching TV shows frequently recently because I'm technically banned from using my computer...and if anyone I know directly asks, I'm not here.

Thanks

the tv of today = total boreddom
    yes tv pretty much sucks nowadays

Thanks

Tv stinks and the movies are expensive what could go worse other then no tv anwser:More REALITY SHOWS

Thanks
    EP Points

I hardly ever watch any American TV anymore. I think the only thing I really watch is Law and Order and the local news. Most of the time, if the TVs even on, I'm either playing a video game or watching animes... though, not the dubbed CRAP they have on television.

That's another thing that annoys me about American TV. When they bring an anime to this country, they hire crappy voice actors, butcher the shows to death, and then air in on a dumbarse network like Fox or the WB. The one time I watched YGO in dubbed an I nearly keeled over, it was so horrible.

::shudders::

As for movies... yeah, LOTR is good. I can't wait 'til Return of the King comes out on DVD. Other sequals and such... meh. The prequal trilogy made me loose faith in Star Wars, American Pie is too stupid for my tastes, and... yeah, you get the idea.

Blah...
    ~.oO Destiny is SO Overrated Oo.~

Thanks

the tv decrease in the last age...but the simpsons are cool like every year!!!!!

Thanks

marianoex, make sure to check the latest post dates of the threads you reply too. Also check the forum rules and general announcements if you haven't done so already.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸