Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your ISP? (and your opinion of it..)

Thanks

Default What is your ISP? (and your opinion of it..)

Title says all... what ISP are u using and what do u think of it?

Im living in the dorms so i'm using my uni's T1 LAN... awesome connection man, i can upload at nearly 1 mb/sec... the downside is that firewall's everywhere yo! i cant use P2P and BitTorrent and that sux big time too!

also i used to use Optimum Online. i'd say if u don't need upload power then go for this one, very good downstream speed, but the upstream is limited to somewhere around 100-150 kb/sec... not good if ur planning to use bittorrent.

My Trade List (Not up-to-date)
    I'm a math teacher, so let's plus the bed, minus the clothes, divide the legs and multiply the joy

Thanks

Bigpond. It's alright for dialup, I download many gb a month and don't hear a peep out of them...

Thanks

Comcast. It's shitty. I went with this one because it was cheap at the time and it was available. If you live in the US, skip this one and look elsewhere. I think even SBC|Yahoo DSL is faster than this.

Mikey_ Guest

time warner. uh...i have a road runner modem. is that right? my ISP is time warner? oh well. it has great speeds when i don't have to frickin share it with my siblings via a router i just get annoyed sometimes when they have technical difficulities.

Thanks

iPrimus, el-cheapo dial-up internet service provider. $25AUS a month gets me Unlimited Hours and Downloads. Same thing on ADSL@512/128 is 69.99

Whoosh...

Thanks

I also have Comcast... upload speed capped to 30k/s

How weak.

Thanks

Wanadoo, formally known as Freeserve. I download a shit load with penalty, as its unrestricted. A little more expensive than other ISP's, but I have no complaints with either the access or the customer services, so it seems little price to pay extra.
    Touch my twat.

Thanks
    EP Points

Dude, Comcast so totally rulez man. I live near Chicago, and this shit aint capped at all. Super fast uploads and downloads. As a matter of fact, Comcast just upped the connection speed here. SBC sucks, slowest speeds next to dial-up, IMO.

Thanks

Elisa. The only alternative ADSL provider here besides the mighty monopoly ISP TeliaSonera. But Elisa is cheaper
    Have you seen me before?

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Telia. 'nuff said.

Thanks

1Mb Pipex Xtreme tis alright not any real complaints. Fast enough aswell with no limits.

Thanks

Telus....it's a canadian company.
    There are a few smaller companies and one big company (Shaw) but service depends on where you live.
    Here in my town Telus is the fastest, most reliable....

My mother has Shaw and it's freaking terrible. It's been down for over a month and the technician won't come in and it's always down like that anyways. When it is up it runs at an amazing 10 k/s up CAP...And it's CABLE!
    Then they have a download restriction of 2 GB up and 4 Down each monther..Every 100MB you go over is like $10 or something. So it starts becoming crazily expensive.

Telus has a limit, however I've never been contacted or charged more for going over. I'm thinking they just have to write that but don't actually enforce it...
    A guy I know has had it for like 4 months and he's downloaded over a Terrabyte and upped like 500GB...and they haven't charged more or cut off his service.

So yeah, Telus is sweet here...It's not available in the states though..and it might be slow in other parts of Canada.

Thanks
    EP Points

Net4India, I love my ISP. Really, the service is awesome, I get amazing speeds and unlimited downloads/uploads. I do pay a lot for it though

Thanks

Comcast. Great download/upload speeds...But customer support sucks. They never have a reason why the connection is out. Other then that. It's a good.

Thanks

The last time I checked it was Sydkraft Bredband. 2 mbps down, 0.5 up, no restrictions (I'm not even sure there *are* broadband connections with caps in the country...) and... Don't know about customer support. Never had to call them. Yeah. Reliable.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸