Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: emuparadise rom question

effive Guest

Default emuparadise rom question

how come whenever i download any rom on this site the file is ALWAYS titled "download.cgi"? the file sizes change (for each of the different games) but its always the same name. sixtyforce can't understand it. any ideas?

Thanks
    EP Points

I have never had that problem.
    What rom are you trying to download?

avtor Guest

Default Re: emuparadise rom question

Originally posted by effive
    how come whenever i download any rom on this site the file is ALWAYS titled "download.cgi"? the file sizes change (for each of the different games) but its always the same name. sixtyforce can't understand it. any ideas?
    the download.cgi that you are refering too is an anti leech perl script which prevents linkage thus preserv bandwith and when you click on a file it "calls" the static url where the file it will also hide the url where file is.

hope this helps!

effive Guest

so whenever i try to download a n64 rom it just redirects me to a "fake" url, am i right?

(i didnt 100% understand your reply, avtor, sry)

Xzyx987X Guest

Are you using a dowload manager or a browser other than IE? That can be a problem when downloading from this site.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Essentially, yes. The scripted "fake" URL then redirects the browser automatically to the file's real URL address, but keeps it out of sight so no one just steals that to link to directly from another site, thus leeching bandwidth.

Are you saying that it's actually downloading and saving the file on your computer as "download.cgi", with your statement that your emulator can't understand that filename? That is really strange...I've never heard of it happening before (Not a surprise, but...).

Thanks
    EP Points

Try to download the files with IE 6 without using a download accelerater.

effive Guest

i only have ie5, but i did try the idea of using another browser�� apple's safari is now downloading "Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time.rar"!

but safari says, for example "5mb of ? - 50kb/s"

that question mark is there, and its sortof freaking me out.

wel at least its downloading, thanks guys. +i thought i was asking a real stupid question, being new to the whole emulation thing.

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by effive
    i only have ie5, but i did try the idea of using another browser�� apple's safari is now downloading "Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time.rar"!

but safari says, for example "5mb of ? - 50kb/s"

that question mark is there, and its sortof freaking me out.

wel at least its downloading, thanks guys. +i thought i was asking a real stupid question, being new to the whole emulation thing.
    no that was not a stupid qustion so dont feel bad..

effive Guest

sortof new subject. now whenever i download any n64 rom with safari, it has that question mark that i mentioned earlier. zelda+diddy kong racing have both been downloaded sucessfully, but look at these pics�

ill try ie6, if its out for mac that is�
    Attached Images Attached Images  

effive Guest

+

effive Guest

;

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey. Everyone is new at emulation at some point.

Thanks
    EP Points

Has every file you downloaded been corrupted?(are they "unrarable") or just that one game.. if so the file on the server might be corrupt.. or you just had a download error.

PS.. most emulators (or at least PJ64) can play the rar files.. ie no need to unrar them..

Trogdor20x36 Guest

the question mark I also always get. Its because, for some reason, the browser can't get the file size of the file off of the server. Thats okay, though, it makes no difference. Ok, I do sometimes get a file size.. but not often. Also, it says 1kb of 1kb after its downloaded, but its not that size.. oh well, just some browser issues is all. I'm using Mozilla (only download manager that works for me... :-D and will get the ISOs from EmuParadise).