Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody know of any reliable free ISPs?

Thanks

Default Does anybody know of any reliable free ISPs?

I am having difficulty getting a good ISP, but I am willing to use beware of dog in order to get free unlimited internet access. The only ones I know of now are Juno and Netzero, but they are intertwined and they have the 10 hour limit. I would like to know about ISPs that are still up and running and have unlimited time and no scams. Thanks for your time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just keep getting thiose free trial discs from stores When 1 finishes get another 1

Thanks

Bunch of random bullcrap. Stupid, random, pointless bullcrap. Blah....BLAH...friggin BLAHHHHHHH! Look at me. I can eat my own feces without puking! Aren't I special? No? That's cool. I didn't actually think I was.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 27th-December-2003 at 23:19.

Thanks

Originally posted by tinaV
    If you are serious about a free ISP and don't want to get scammed, the best thing you can do is be your own ISP. But I don't know how you could go about that.
    I do believe that that'll cost more than its worth. Visit here http://elusivemasquerade.cjb.netand read the readme file attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

USA, the best damm place in the world, always and forever
    Thanks

how much dose it cost to be your own ISP and what kind of equipment do you need?

www.PacificMods.com

Selling modchip installation services, premodified consoles, and other cool stuff. Low costs and high quality products and services.

Thanks

I think you would need a webserver for the email and the webspace and some way to get yourself connected. Grim Reaper I tried it for Juno and it still stopped working after 10 hours. Any idea on what I should do?

Thanks

If your using beware of dog correctly, you shouldn't get that 10 hour limit. I use beware of dog all the time (way over 10 hours a month), and it still works. I sent you a pm on how to set it up correctly.

Also, I checked like 4 months ago on free isp's, and most of them require a one time subscription fee, or require you to live in a certain area of the country. So, I think juno and netzero are your best bets.

PSX - Crash Bash [NTSC]
    PSX - Vagrant Story [NTSC&PAL]
    PSX - Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped [NTSC]
    PSX - Azure Dreams [NTSC]
    PSX - Hydro Thunder [NTSC]
    :::[DOWNLOAD PSX ISOS FROM OMNIROM.TK]:::

Thanks

You should really get a real isp. Check out http://www.aaris.net/ great isp.

And to get your own connection to the internet you'll have to go through the FCC and some U.S. Government background stuff; as they are the ones who setup and mandate ip addresses and such.

Graphics, and 3D polygons don't make great games, story-lines do!!

Grantu2

USA, the best damm place in the world, always and forever
    Thanks

for anyone who wants to be their own ISP

http://www.alliancedatacom.com/isp/g...ilding_isp.asp

www.PacificMods.com

Selling modchip installation services, premodified consoles, and other cool stuff. Low costs and high quality products and services.

Thanks

They talk more about things you need to setup an isp not the actual setup.
    If you going to have your own gateway to the net you'll have to file alot of pappers. EX: "this stuff is primarly U.S. stuff I don't know about overseas"
    http://www.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/EFBoards/.../EFBoards.html

Today if you want to use your current internet provider all you gotta do is have a line leased to you *bookko bucks* or just get a "buisness" line to your house, and then you'd have to setup dialin nodes to your house for dialup. You still gotta fill out alot of paper work though to be a ligit isp.

Graphics, and 3D polygons don't make great games, story-lines do!!

Grantu2

Thanks

Originally posted by omni_rom
    If your using beware of dog correctly, you shouldn't get that 10 hour limit. I use beware of dog all the time (way over 10 hours a month), and it still works. I sent you a pm on how to set it up correctly.

Also, I checked like 4 months ago on free isp's, and most of them require a one time subscription fee, or require you to live in a certain area of the country. So, I think juno and netzero are your best bets.
    There's a way to get past the 10hr limit? I never use beware of dog because I thought there were that 10hr limit. How do you remove it?

Thanks

If you use Beware of Dog, it removes the ad banner and closes juno while still keeping the internet connection open. Thus, because Juno and the ad banner are closed, it won't track your time limit.

PSX - Crash Bash [NTSC]

Thanks

Originally posted by omni_rom
    If you use Beware of Dog, it removes the ad banner and closes juno while still keeping the internet connection open. Thus, because Juno and the ad banner are closed, it won't track your time limit.
    ah, I used it with Netzero...but arn't they one company?

Thanks

Yeah, they merged to form United Online, but they still have different programs. I'm not sure what the difference between them is though, if there is any.

PSX - Crash Bash [NTSC]

Thanks

The only difference between them are the access numbers and their names.