Thread: How do I get SegaCD roms to work?

JMT Guest

Default How do I get SegaCD roms to work?

Hello! Sorry it sounds like a stupid questions... but how do I get the SegaCD roms to work?

I remember about a year ago, I saw some instruction on emuparadise about how to do it, but I can't find it anymore. Anyway, I recently downloaded 2 roms, Snatcher and Secrets of Monkey Island. File01 of Snatcher is zipped, and inside is a RAR file inside an RAR file. I unzipped both of them, and I got a whole lot of files. I also unzipped the sound file of Snatcher.

Well, I couldn't figure out what to do, so I just put them together in one folder and I ran Gens. I tried to run each individual file, because I didn't know which one to run, and none of them worked.

I was thinking, am I supposed to compile them all in one single file or something? Or am I supposed to turn all the files in File01 into an iso? Or has it something to do with the BIOS? Am I supposed to put the files on a CD and use Boot CD on Gens?

Anyway, thanks for any help!

ShiningEnforcer Guest

You have one .iso file and alot of .mp3 files. Make sure the file's are named properly (consult the Gens Readme). Find and download the Sega CD BIOS files. Then, load the .iso into Gens.